OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nitro Ammo

Started by LaLongbeard, February 05, 2016, 12:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdsberman

Thanks NakedNinja

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobble!

Quote from: kdsberman on February 29, 2016, 08:26:01 PM
Here's a dumb question...what is the crimp?

Side note, I've used Nitro H517 for a while now and love them.  The good thing about Michigans one bird limit is I only go through one shell a year because I don't plan on missing.  $85 for 10 shells...  $8.50/year.  I can handle that.

The crimp is how the shell is sealed, top of the shell opposite side the primer is on. Nitro uses a fold crimp and are the only shell I have ever had a leakage problem with. For $8.50 a shell you could load TSS  :z-guntootsmiley:

kdsberman

Quote from: Gobble! on March 03, 2016, 09:17:35 AM
Quote from: kdsberman on February 29, 2016, 08:26:01 PM
Here's a dumb question...what is the crimp?

Side note, I've used Nitro H517 for a while now and love them.  The good thing about Michigans one bird limit is I only go through one shell a year because I don't plan on missing.  $85 for 10 shells...  $8.50/year.  I can handle that.

The crimp is how the shell is sealed, top of the shell opposite side the primer is on. Nitro uses a fold crimp and are the only shell I have ever had a leakage problem with. For $8.50 a shell you could load TSS  :z-guntootsmiley:

I'd like to look into loading TSS, but I don't know the first thing about loading them or how much all the equipment would cost.