OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nitro Ammo

Started by LaLongbeard, February 05, 2016, 12:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaLongbeard

Finally got thru to Nitro after calling several times the last few weeks. Got 2 10 round boxes of str. #7's I should be set on Turkey loads for a while I will shoot a couple from each box to be sure but I have always had the same pattern results from box to box over the years really like the consistency of Nitros
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

dirt road ninja

The make a fine shell. You went with 2 1/4's or 2 7/16's?

Gobble!

Only complaint I have about their shells are their seals. After a year of turkey hunting any shell that was in my vest or cycled in and out of my gun all had buffer/shot leaking out of them.

USMC0331

Quote from: Gobble! on February 05, 2016, 02:52:43 PM
Only complaint I have about their shells are their seals. After a year of turkey hunting any shell that was in my vest or cycled in and out of my gun all had buffer/shot leaking out of them.

Under a cloak of darkness I quickly "borrow" my wife's clear finger nail polish and put a thin coat over the crimp and it has worked perfect!!!!

davisd9

Quote from: USMC0331 on February 05, 2016, 03:18:28 PM
Quote from: Gobble! on February 05, 2016, 02:52:43 PM

Under a cloak of darkness I quickly "borrow" my wife's clear finger nail polish and put a thin coat over the crimp and it has worked perfect!!!!

Lol

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

LaLongbeard

2 1/4 for the 4x5x7
2 7/16 for the 7's
I've had shells in my vest for several seasons cycling thru  my gun and back to vest until they were used never had a leak. I think I'd be sending them back if they did for the price they should at the least stay sealed lol.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Gobble!

Quote from: Phillipshunt on February 05, 2016, 05:16:16 PM
2 1/4 for the 4x5x7
2 7/16 for the 7's
I've had shells in my vest for several seasons cycling thru  my gun and back to vest until they were used never had a leak. I think I'd be sending them back if they did for the price they should at the least stay sealed lol.

Saved the hastle and switched to TSS.

TNTRKYHunter

Quote from: Gobble! on February 05, 2016, 07:17:15 PM
Quote from: Phillipshunt on February 05, 2016, 05:16:16 PM
2 1/4 for the 4x5x7
2 7/16 for the 7's

Saved the hastle and switched to TSS.

^^^This^^^. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeywhisperer935

I wish someone would start loading this tss stuff and sell it. I'd love to try it but don't know a thing about reloading and if what I've heard is true. People shooting 9 shot at turkey's at 40 yds plus and killing them. I'd be all in, can't begin to imagine how that patterns.

Britton40

Quote from: turkeywhisperer935 on February 05, 2016, 11:32:33 PM
I wish someone would start loading this tss stuff and sell it.

You would have to sell it for at least $15 a shell to make it work.  Don't think there would be enough demand. I've thought about it.

Gobble!

Quote from: turkeywhisperer935 on February 05, 2016, 11:32:33 PM
I wish someone would start loading this tss stuff and sell it. I'd love to try it but don't know a thing about reloading and if what I've heard is true. People shooting 9 shot at turkey's at 40 yds plus and killing them. I'd be all in, can't begin to imagine how that patterns.

It's very easy to do. I can load 5 shells faster than I could drive to a gun store and buy them.

Haypatch

I've had the same problem with the buffer leaking out sent a few back and they replaced them they also recommended using elmers glue to cover the crimp. I've had very good success with nitro's !

maytom

I use to use those shells, but for the money that they charge, you would think they would of done a better job of sealing them. Like some of you already stated, several shells lost most of their buffering mix as well?

Roost 1

Candle wax works great

kdsberman

Here's a dumb question...what is the crimp?

Side note, I've used Nitro H517 for a while now and love them.  The good thing about Michigans one bird limit is I only go through one shell a year because I don't plan on missing.  $85 for 10 shells...  $8.50/year.  I can handle that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk