OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

No Ports in Barrel of 835?

Started by devin4484, March 29, 2011, 07:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinkpickle

I have two pre-'94 24" barrels without ports.  I ain't never shot one these new fancy dancy 835's with the whistles in their barrels.

trkehunr93

Quote from: stinkpickle on March 30, 2011, 04:55:55 PM
I have two pre-'94 24" barrels without ports.  I ain't never shot one these new fancy dancy 835's with the whistles in their barrels.

:TooFunny: 

ILIKEHEVI-13

The very first early model years of 835 had no ports.  The 835 was introduced in 1987. 

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: knightrider on March 30, 2011, 09:24:26 AM
Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on March 29, 2011, 09:47:19 PM
All Mossbergs 835 shotguns manufactured after 1994 come standard with ported barrels.  Before that it was an option.  I never knew that until I became a sporting goods buyer for one of the local stores in my area and began building my 835 project turkey thumper.  My pop has the original and first model ever purchased in my home town.  Man did that thing give him big ones till he sent it back to mossberg for a refit.  Feed and ejection problems galore!  He now has both a 28" and a 24" ported barrel and still keeps the "broom handle" on it. 
nope, not all of them are ported the 20in barrels are not ported :you_rock:

Would you want porting on a 20" barrel??!!  NOT ME!!  I like my eardrums my eyebrows and my hairline right where its at thank you!   :toothy12:  Figure the ports on a 20" accu-mag choked barrel would be right about where your fingers would go on the fore grip...about 16" from your face.  No thank you!  Plus when they introduced the "Thug" they had to have somewhere to put all those old pre 94' barrels right?  :you_rock:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

devin4484

ya its in woodlands camo but its not too old.. it was bought in 95 or 96 according to him.  my 835 dont kick at all!!! gotta love the limbsaver pads 3.5" 12 feels like a 3" 20 no joke.  BUY ONE