nickhrp

Quote from: Illini Tom on April 13, 2016, 04:57:40 PM
got a nice tom right before quitting time today
should score low to mid 60s  :z-guntootsmiley: :happy0064:
Good job
God Bless the Outdoors

sonofabuck

Nice job Larry!!   :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley: 
Is it too late to get leftover tags in Illinois?  I have a place to hunt in Clay County and web shows they have 3 tags left for 4th and plenty for the 5th.  I've deer hunted there but never turkey and never put in for turkey tags.  IL has to be one of the most difficult states as far as licensing goes for non-residents. 

Illini Tom

i poked around on the idnr site and couldnt find any current application info. theres no over the counter sale on spring turkey
i was blocked from some links; dont know if that is because app period is closed or because i already have the max 3 tags
there used to be a random daily draw until you got 3 tags, but all i saw was "4th lottery deadline march 9."
i know its pricey for nonres with hunting license, habitat stamp in addition to the permit cost

after a little more thought ... i am pretty sure nonresidents must apply for the 2nd lottery, which had a deadline of jan. 9
you might have to call dnr to be sure

YoungbuckTX

nice work Tom
line 'em up

cphill

It's lockjaw in Tennessee this morning

turkey buster

Same thing in Louisiana. Overcast and mosquitos always mean no turkey here

turkey buster

Bad luck!!!

Went out on my deer lease that has maybe one turkey on it this evening. Walking down a road that is 1.5 miles long I decided to go to the end around a beaver pond. I set up and called for two hours to no avail. Walked the 1.5 miles back to see a gobbler had walked right past my truck and stepped in several of my boot tracks. What makes it bad is I almost set up there because of an old food plot that's about shin deep on the side of the road and decided to go to the pond. Only good thing is I got 3 miles of exercise and I know where he went in the woods at. I didn't hear him gobble at dark but I'm 50% certain he's within a couple hundred yards of there because the woods gets thick on the green head below it.

Illini Tom

Quote from: turkey buster on April 15, 2016, 10:21:41 PM
Walked the 1.5 miles back to see a gobbler had walked right past my truck and stepped in several of my boot tracks.

i know that feeling well. after covering a couple miles with no luck the second day of the season, i get back to my truck at 1 pm quittin time and theres a strutting tom and his hens 20 yards from my truck  ::)

i didnt draw a second season tag, so my season is on hold til friday when 3rd season begins, but i plan to keep tabs on them this week  ;)

sonofabuck

Got a bird yesterday. I get very limited service out here. Should score high 60s I guess. Hunting tomorrow morning then headed home.

turkey buster

Congrats! My season is probably over. Lots of rain and work this week and it closes this sunday

turkey buster

My buddy and out team mate Whitney Lewis just killed his 2nd bird of the year. His first one he didn't get to score but he just sent me the info and pics on #2. I'll get it on here this evening after work so we can get his score recorded

Illini Tom

awesome news. 2 more on the board for the chooters  :gobble: :gobble:
congrats and wtg sonofabuck and tiny  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Illini Tom

heres tiny's tom
score pix are posted

YoungbuckTX

Quote from: sonofabuck on April 18, 2016, 01:00:15 PM
Got a bird yesterday. I get very limited service out here. Should score high 60s I guess. Hunting tomorrow morning then headed home.

nice. can't wait pics of this monster. post the story too.
line 'em up