North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

General discussion

Started by nickhrp, February 02, 2016, 08:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungbuckTX

Quote from: turkey buster on April 04, 2016, 10:19:27 PM
On the board guys!! Killed him at 7pm this evening. He attacked my jake decoy and was mounting my hen when I shot him. 19.2lbs, 11in beard, 1 inch spurs.  Scores 61.2

awesome job! congrats turkeybuster
line 'em up

Illini Tom

all right; way to go buster  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
good luck to sam and all the other chooters about to head out
monday opener for me getting closer. on a scout last week, had at least 30 come out in a field after flydown, they eventually worked toward me and 9 strutters passed at about 50 yards ...

misfire

Way to go TB. I should have made it this morning. Had him at 20, the tree was at 15 :angry9: Oh well, hopefully tomorrow
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

nickhrp

Great job turkey buster
God Bless the Outdoors

turkey buster

Thanks guys. I'm back on the grind of work but even with 10 hour work days I'm gonna try to punch that last tag on a few evening hunts. I'm not off again for over a week. Thank goodness for daylight savings time. Lol

sonofabuck

Still over a week away for the KY opener. I'm trying to find a place to hunt this weekend in TN or GA. So far not working out. Good job on the turkeys so far gentlemen.

turkey buster

Just watched two of the heaviest birds I've ever seen strut and gobble for about 30 minutes. Stupid field birds went to roost the other way and never got closer than 75 yards. Back to work in the morning. Evening hunt only blues !

nickhrp

Gooserbat that is a nice bird I seen on Facebook ????
God Bless the Outdoors

Illini Tom

i saw that, too, great tom
geared up for opening day tomorrow. goin to a place where i had 4 toms struttin 30 yards away on fridays scout

Gooserbat

Quote from: nickhrp on April 10, 2016, 09:58:54 AM

Guys I screwed that one up.  I forgot to take pics to verify the score.  I guess I'm just a big dumby.   It scored 60.67.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

nickhrp

I'm pretty confident that's not the only bird you will end up getting
God Bless the Outdoors

turkey buster

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 11, 2016, 01:44:16 AM
Quote from: nickhrp on April 10, 2016, 09:58:54 AM

Guys I screwed that one up.  I forgot to take pics to verify the score.  I guess I'm just a big dumby.   It scored 60.67.

As long as you top it and if not we don't loose by the difference lol

ericjames

Quote from: Illini Tom on April 02, 2016, 07:59:54 AM
awful quiet around here
everybody must be whackin and stackin 'em  ;D

I wish I was. I started a new job and don't have any vacation or sick time yet and when I'm off it seems like it's always flooding. Its been the wettest year I've ever saw. 

Illini Tom

got a nice tom right before quitting time today
should score low to mid 60s  :z-guntootsmiley: :happy0064:

Dr Juice

Quote from: Illini Tom on April 13, 2016, 04:57:40 PM
got a nice tom right before quitting time today
should score low to mid 60s  :z-guntootsmiley: :happy0064:
Congrats. Nice bird.