Started by nickhrp, February 02, 2016, 08:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey buster

Illini Tom

2 weeks from today  :turkey2:
heard lots of gobbling while scouting last week
got drawn for my third permit last week, too

turkey buster

Hunted Saturday and today. So far 5 gobblers in gun range. 4 no shot provided in tough terrain, and 1 I called up this morning my uncle was with me and killed it. 2 year old bird.

Illini Tom

awful quiet around here
everybody must be whackin and stackin 'em  ;D

turkey buster

9 birds in range and I still haven't been able to make a shot

nickhrp

I had a couple friends get birds today being opening day at home but yeah it is pretty quiet
God Bless the Outdoors

turkey buster

I've got an 8 foot fence with razor wire on top boogering me. They come right up to it and gobble at me for ever! They just won't fly over but my side is full of tracks so I know they come over it... Time to hunt new birds

Gooserbat

I'm just sitting over here waiting.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

cphill

Have 6 Jake's in range Sat and let them go .then called one up Sunday for the wife ..2 year old bird 9 1/2 beard 3/4 spurs and 19 pounds...put on good show .

Capt.hooks

I have to wait until the following weekend to start smashing birds in the face.... And to top that off I have to call in birds for 2 other people first..... But that shouldn't be a problem....... I struck out finding I spot in Tennessee while I was down there....... Good luck guys

nickhrp

God Bless the Outdoors

turkey buster

On the board guys!! Killed him at 7pm this evening. He attacked my jake decoy and was mounting my hen when I shot him. 19.2lbs, 11in beard, 1 inch spurs.  Scores 61.2

Gooserbat

Congratulations tk bustr

I've been hearing lots of birds hear at home.  Won't be able to hunt them until next Monday.  Heading to western OK in about 4 hours
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

turkey buster

Dr Juice