Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

General discussion

Started by nickhrp, February 02, 2016, 08:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cphill

Guys I made a mistake yesterday called one up and he can in threw a thicket and I could see his head and knew he was a Tom but that's all I could see good so u  shot and then got to him and sure enough he is a Jake

nickhrp

Very nice bird sonafabuck
God Bless the Outdoors

sonofabuck

If you had fun and a good hunt no mistake made. Unless that was your one and only tag. Haha... :OGani: 

Quote from: cphill on April 20, 2016, 07:27:30 AM
Guys I made a mistake yesterday called one up and he can in threw a thicket and I could see his head and knew he was a Tom but that's all I could see good so u  shot and then got to him and sure enough he is a Jake

cphill

I had a great hunt.. He had a good gobble not like most Jake's and no I got 3 more tags just got to get time to hunt

turkey buster

A good hunt buddy don't sweat the jake. I'll kill one on purpose if he had me mad enough or he offered a good hunt. Did you score him? Always can upgrade

sonofabuck

The older I get I appreciate the quality of the experience more than the quality of the animal. Not that I mind killing quality mature animals. LOL.

cphill

I agree I enjoy a good hunt...first Jake I have shot in many years ...no I didn't score him now that u said that I should have

YoungbuckTX

that's 2 members now with kills but no score... come on guys!
line 'em up

nickhrp

I'm hitting the woods Saturday and hunting for ten days hopefully I can come up with somthing
God Bless the Outdoors

turkey buster

Tagged out guys!!! Season closes tomorrow and I have to work. So I was making my last hunt of the year this evening. About 4pm three public land jakes came in and I got my first 20ga turkey!! He might be Jake from State Farm but like I said if the situation is right I'll shoot one. This situation was eat him or eat the tag and I cant go to any other states this year and was done until 2017.  Also the heavyweight 7's rocked his world

Gooserbat

Details to follow.  Over 60
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

cphill

Not a long beard but couldn't pass it up

YoungbuckTX

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 24, 2016, 01:25:11 AM
Details to follow.  Over 60

awesome!

and good killin on the yote too cphill
line 'em up

sonofabuck

Good job Sam!! 

I kill every coyote I can.   :fud:

nickhrp