OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lon Trice Yellowheart Crystal over slate

Started by Jgarrett, January 29, 2016, 11:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jgarrett

Here is a new call from Lon that I got in a couple days ago, and just like the rest of his calls...it will really sing a tune, especially with the crystal playing surface.   I have quite a few of his calls.....including his new acrylics, and just wanted to show appreciation for the calls he builds.  Really nice fella to deal with, and he makes calls at a reasonable price, with a minimal wait period.  Highly recommended.....
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

REBELYELL

You are right. Lon makes a great call at a fair price and you usually don't have to wait too long for them. I have his Yellowheart crystal over glass and it's a good one too. I got a Cocobolo crystal over slate on order and I got these two great sounding calls yesterday, a Katalox glass and an Orange Agate slate, both with aluminum soundboards.

REBELYELL

He made me this Paduak aluminum for me last year, also with an aluminum soundboard.

REBELYELL

These are great sounding calls, but those new acrylics are on another level.

Jgarrett

Yes the acrylics are really something else.  Has anyone got one with a slate surface yet?  I have the glass and aluminum
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

hunter22

Mighty fine looking calls from Lon. I hope to run some of his calls at Nationals and pick out a couple slates. Hopefully a black acrylic and maybe a Yellowheart.

Jgarrett

Quote from: REBELYELL on January 30, 2016, 05:36:58 AM
He made me this Paduak aluminum for me last year, also with an aluminum soundboard.

Everybody has Lyman strikers with their calls, lol....Jody what striker woods do you have there with those?
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

REBELYELL

Quote from: Jgarrett on January 30, 2016, 07:59:51 AM
Yes the acrylics are really something else.  Has anyone got one with a slate surface yet?  I have the glass and aluminum

No, but I will send you a sound file he sent me. Blew me away!

Gobbleandgrunt

Can you post the sound file is love to hear it as well pls

mgm1955

REBELYELL

Quote from: Jgarrett on January 30, 2016, 08:28:52 AM
Quote from: REBELYELL on January 30, 2016, 05:36:58 AM

Macassar ebony, tulipwood and dymondwood

Everybody has Lyman strikers with their calls, lol....Jody what striker woods do you have there with those?

Jgarrett

Jody let me hear the soundfile....man oh man......
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

Spitten and drummen

He sent me a sound file last week of it. It was very very good. I called and talked to lon. He sent me another sound file of one. He had just glued up a few. I bought one and he mailed it out Friday along with the acrylic aluminum and a one piece dymond wood striker. Can't wait.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE