OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

DEFINE ADDICTION?? (Tactical Edge Ceramic Pot call)

Started by bowmike, January 28, 2016, 11:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowmike

Definition of addiction: going out to your unheated garage when it is 19 degrees to run your new turkey call

LOL

This was me last night. I got a new custom pot call made by Jason Stanley of Tactical Edge. Walnut and Curly Maple with matching purple heart striker. Jason nailed exactly the sound I was looking for and the exact look.  I am a fan on more traditional looking calls with no burn rings and such. Now cut me some slack as I have only been messing with pot calls off and on a few times since September when I was gifted a nice slate call at the auction for Rick Harro.

Here are a couple pics of the call:

I took the video in my garage so it has some echo. I think when I am leading into my yelps I don't have the same grip on the striker, so you get the high first note without and rasp. I am going to keep playing with it, but for now I am pumped. The last set of yelps sounded the best I think.

Here is the video:

https://youtu.be/tS0Acctpanc

I am really happy with the ceramic call. I am still working with purring on it as it is a bit different than an easy running slate. I am really happy with the high front end and think the rasp on the back end is perfect. At least for my ears anyway.  The cuts popped nice and have a nice rasp to them as well but are not mushy at all.

I am not a guy who likes decals on his turkey gun but after using his calls I am hooked for life, so the 870 got tattooed. LOL I am not on a pro staff or anything like that, but just really like the calls.

I love the mouth calls and called a whole flock in this past fall when leaving my archery stand. The birds were in some thick cover so I didn't get a clear shot with the bow. I was using the 3 reed ghost cut call, and will be carrying that along with his 3 read combo cut K-Max call this spring. I can kee kee on the pot as well but still need some work on it as well. I think these calls are going to reek havoc on SWPA birds!

Here are a few pics of all the calls and my new tattooed 870 LOL

spurz

Nice looking call. Love the look of the striker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowmike

Me too. never really saw curly maple before and it really pops on that striker

Lonehowl

Super nice! Like that call a lot.

Where can a guy get shotgun decals like that made?
Mark

greentag

outdoors

:icon_thumright:  CREAMIC.  :icon_thumright:
                YOU GOT IT GOING FREIND
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

bbcustomboxcalls