OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Video your hunts?

Started by ThicketThrasher, February 09, 2011, 06:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey_slayer

Heres the one from last year that my buddy missed. Would have been his first.  I played it on the TV and recorded that with my camera since its easier to upload that way lol.  The tree you see closest in the right corner is the one he dead centered  :TooFunny:.  I was watching the turkeys and out of the corner of my eye I seen him flinch so bad it looked like he just touched an electric fence.  Then you hear me tell him to take the safety off.

Timber Chicken

I started filming my hunts about 3 years ago. I have a small sony mini dvd camera that also has a memory card slot and i bought an 8 hour extended battery for it. My camera doesn't have a manual focus so you really have to pick your setups. Its a whole lot easier to video in open fields and using decoys really helps. I usually put the decoys diretly in front of me and keep the camera between my legs pointing at the decoys. Most of the time I go I have somebody with me so I just leave my gun in the truck and I play cameraman. It's a whole lot easier.