OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Forcing cone work

Started by Tomtom, January 26, 2016, 05:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomtom

Anybody here every had forcing cone work done on there guns if so how did it affect patterns

Bowguy

Years ago Mark Bansner did some shotguns for me, chokes n forcing cones. I'd not hunt without em
Opened back than. Today lots of manufacturers offer it. Imo it def improved patterns

PALongspur

I've had it done on two and wouldn't hesitate to have it done to a third.

Cleaner patterns with less flyers.

LaLongbeard

I had it done on my 870 it helped spread the pattern more evenly.I've also had trigger work done and tried several chokes and shell combos over the years. Funny thing is over the years I worked on getting the maximum range from my gun I also became a better Turkey hunter now I kill them alot closer and don't need all the Super shells and chokes. Also at some point you spend 75$ on a box of shells and a 100$ on a new choke and they add 5 more pellets to the kill zone at 40 yds there's only so much you can do .
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Gooserbat

It's been done on both my 12's.  It done more for even pellet distribution than actually tightening up the patern.  It did tighten some but not much. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

MK M GOBL

Our gunsmith team did a lot of work to my 11-87 Remington 20+ years ago when I asked them to build me a "turkey gun". They back bored, lengthened forcing cone, custom choke, polished bore, camo dip on bbl and scope and a new walnut stock with cheek piece. Would definitely do it all over again!

MK MGOBL

Gobble!

As I understand it some guns benefit more than others. I have been told it's not worth it on my 870.

taylorjones20

:welcomeOG:

Like everyone else has said, it is a good investment.  It will make a better pattern.

I've had it done on my SBE2 and browning gold.  I would do it again for sure!
Alive only by the Grace Of God

maytom

Sent my barrel to Pro-Port, a subsidiary of Mag-Na-Port, and had my Winchester 1300 barrel Pro-ported and the forcing cone lengthened a while back. They did great work and really feel that it helped my patterns.

Cottonmouth

I just got my 870 barrel back from Rob Roberts.  With an IC .665 and Nitros I don't want it any tighter. Good even pattern.

reynolds243

Rob did my 12 gauge and it was well worth it to me.

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka