News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Federal Heavyweight 7's and the Tempest

Started by VaTuRkStOmPeR, March 29, 2011, 03:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Guys,

I'm contemplating purchasing a Tempest for my 870 Super Mag after recently purchasing 3 boxes of the 3.5" 12 ga 1 7/8 ounce Heavyweight. 
  I'm sitting on the fence between making the 70 dollar commitment to the Tempest without knowing what kind of performance I should be expecting.

Any experiences/advice?

Thanks in advance.

wilks

I got one of Rob Roberts 640 tubes for my SBEII and I'm real proud of how it throws the Federal #7's. I know all you guys like to count pellets in a 10" circle at 40yards but I use a 20" circle and let me tell you there's no holes in my pattern, and 95% of the shot's in the circle.
I know everyone likes to see photos and such but my free time is very limited. I have very little time to play with the camera and computer.  But any way I'm liking Rob's tube alot.

Gobble!

shootumindaface

Va there has been very little talk of this choke with the 12 gauge, more in the 20..

The guarantee is always nice..

On a sidenote I gotta believe Rob Roberts would be tough to beat with them shells as he has shot soooo many with his benelli contract.

Sent from my 10 year old Dell using my 2 pointer fingers.

Quax

I get 180s with a plain jane non-ported Hastings 660 out of a browning gold; that's from a 3" shell in #7s.