OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Striker recommendation (Crystal Mistress)

Started by 357MAGNOLE, January 19, 2016, 07:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

Buddy of mine got me a crystal mistress as a gift. The two strikers that came with it were enough to make about any vocalization necessary to get the job done. I've not tried any kind of kee kee runs on it but they sounded just fine. Having said that, I've got some custom strikers from Tylersburg Yelpers that work real well on it. Their ugly stick with the corncob top works well. They've got a striker with a composite striker. It runs well on it too. Might look into savduck's jato a striker in the future as well though.

357MAGNOLE

Quote from: wvmntnhick on February 15, 2016, 02:37:29 AM
Buddy of mine got me a crystal mistress as a gift. The two strikers that came with it were enough to make about any vocalization necessary to get the job done. I've not tried any kind of kee kee runs on it but they sounded just fine. Having said that, I've got some custom strikers from Tylersburg Yelpers that work real well on it. Their ugly stick with the corncob top works well. They've got a striker with a composite striker. It runs well on it too. Might look into savduck's jato a striker in the future as well though.

I could never get the strikers that came with it to kee kee but Savducks Jatoba kee kees with ease for me. Its good to have a nice mix of strikers. The slightly heavier ones that came with the call yelp better (softer) for me.  The Jatoba is raspier.  I like having the mix up.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Tennessee Lead

I picked up a CM Saturday
I got 4 one piece strikers Wenge, Hickory, Purple Heart, & Bloodwood. I already had an Ipe and and a 2 piece diamond wood.
I don't think you can go wrong with either of them . I love how the Bloodwood cuts, it really pops. The hickory will Kee Kee like crazy. I feel like I've got a whole flock of hens with those strikers . The sounds vary a lot with each one. The Ipe and Wenge are very nice also.

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps