OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Striker recommendation (Crystal Mistress)

Started by 357MAGNOLE, January 19, 2016, 07:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

357MAGNOLE

Looking to find some folks that use David Halloran's "Crystal Mistress" I have the two standard strikers he sends out with the call and although both sound good, they both sound about the same to me.

Any recommendations on a different striker he offers that will match up and give me a different sound?
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

reynolds243

My fav personally was the cheap 2 piece ebony striker he use to have. That thing sings using that striker

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka

BABS9

I like the strikers he sends with it.  They shouldn't sound the same. Purple Heart one should be higher pitched on the front end with sharper clucks/cutts. Diamondwood has a bit more rasp on the backend. I also have a zebrawood striker that I made that sounds awesome on it as well.

chuckward

The two piece macassar ebony he used to sell is my favorite on mine. Wenge sounds pretty good also.  Chuck

hunter22

I run a two-piece dymondwood and a Dad's laminated hardwood on mine.

Thundermtn

Dad's bocote sounds pretty good, about halfway in between the two that come with it for hardness.

savduck

Georgia Boy

357MAGNOLE

Send me a PM with what you would recommend, price and turnaround time. Thanks
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

WV Ridge Reaper

I don't know about on the Mistress but Del's Jabto striker is deadly on about every thing I have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clif Owen

What does he sell with them now?

I'm also curious about what sounds good on it. I think that may be my next purchase.

Stump.270

The woodhaven strike 3 is my go to striker for most crystal calls Lonzo one piece d-wood is second with lights out d-wood

Stump.270

The wenge and ebony Halloran are good too

letinmfly

Derrick Stuckey Purpleheart or Macassar Ebony. 
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

TKE921

I am using a Dymondwood from callmakerman.  It is nasty on the back end and hard cuts will make your eardrums bleed.

357MAGNOLE

I picked up a couple more strikers. One is still waiting to be shipped, the purple heart one piece from David Halloran himself.

The other was a one piece Jatoba from Savduck  :drool:

Thing is gnarly. I thought I just sucked at playing a kee kee on a pot call but after getting his striker I can do anything with the Crystal Mistress. It plays so much better than the two piece strikers that came with it.  I can cluck with those a little bit better but I can purr, kee kee and cut it up alot better with this Jatoba striker.

Now I need to find one equally as impressive for my new slate call from David.