OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

VEST alternatives...

Started by kevin2, January 18, 2016, 11:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin2

I do love my Super Elite 3 too, but it gets really hard on my shoulders and neck after a while. I even down sized what I carried by half, and it still was to much on the body. I bought the pants that will work good hauling in stuff for this season. So, we'll see how it goes with out a vest. Still looking for that waste pack though! I've tried several on at Cabelas, Bass Pro, and my local fly shop, but  nothing has felt right...yet!

Quote from: greentag on January 29, 2016, 02:16:26 PM
I start out the season wearing a super elite 3,its a great vest with plenty of pocket room,and a good seat.i usually run and gun and if I haven't tagged out the first week or so and the weather starts getting hot,i start just putting a call or two in my cargo pant pockets and a mouth call and leaving the vest at home and using one of those free bags they hand out at the nashville convention each year,last year they were orange bass pro bags so that one doesn't get used but I have a black weaver optics one that is great for food and water if im going for the long haul,sometimes I hide it in the woods and not pack it then come back to it a little later.the vest I have is great though ,but its only downfall is that it gets hot,when the temps go up.
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!