turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

HV-13 blend will work

Started by SumToy, March 29, 2011, 12:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SumToy

Just got a call. 63 yards with maxus 675 choke.  3 inch blend rolled him up. So we may need to just shoot that and forget the new 7's.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

ILIKEHEVI-13

I wouldn't doubt that one bit.  That is getting out there.  That's probably farther than I would want to shoot one.  I just wished they would push the the 7's at 1200fps.

Reloader

I heard one of 86 Steps this week with the 3.5 blend.  Probably 75-80yds.  I don't advocate spray and pray, but the shot at 1200fps definitely has some punch.  Far more than needed where the pattern falls apart. This is why I like 7s, better match of energy to kill pattern distance.  Large pellets will kill a long ways, but energy is useless when it doesn't impact the target. What one may think is a whiff on a long poke ends up being coyote bait many times.

davisd9

Totally against shooting over 50 yards, but at times we all misjudge.  Glad the bird went down and not gone with a broken wing or something.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

WyoHunter

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 29, 2011, 12:35:54 PM
I wouldn't doubt that one bit.  That is getting out there.  That's probably farther than I would want to shoot one.  I just wished they would push the the 7's at 1200fps.
:agreed:  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

SumToy

I feel the same way. I feel part of it is folks like that spend all this time to find that set up that will give yall the big numbers. Some folks know what to do with them. Then you have the guys that think they can kill something in the next town. LoL
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

knightrider

Quote from: surehuntsalot on March 29, 2011, 08:10:33 PM
60-80 yd.  shots
Pure Luck
how can you make that blanket statement without knowing the persons pattern at those ranges? just syaing, your gun isnt the only one in the woods. :policeman: :deadhorse:

BigPeck215

if a person has a gun that can put 100 pellets in the 10" at 60-70 or even 80yds and they can consistently hit their mark then i dont have a problem with them shooting that far

i know many people who would frown on someone who shoots a deer at 300+ yards no matter what their skill level is, but i dont think they would complain if Gunny Carlos Hathcock decided to smoke a deer at twice that distance 

SumToy

We had a few killed last year 60 to 65 last year.  Winchester Elite 6's and HV-13 7's.

K-ZONE

Last year i killed one at 52yds my longest ever why i knew i had the pattern to get there and even if the 3-2-7's didn't have the energy at that range i knew there would be enough pellets and cause enough tisse trauma to put him down. It was like he got whacked with a golf club. I like to deal with birds up close and personal but birds that i would have passed on are now very killable.My own limit is 50yds.If your setup can produce a killin pattern at long rane (50yds and beyond) and you can make the shot then i see no problem with it Know your limitations.     

Gobble!

Quote from: knightrider on March 29, 2011, 08:15:05 PM
Quote from: surehuntsalot on March 29, 2011, 08:10:33 PM
60-80 yd.  shots
Pure Luck
how can you make that blanket statement without knowing the persons pattern at those ranges? just syaing, your gun isnt the only one in the woods. :policeman: :deadhorse:

well said