OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New improved old Yeller

Started by Gobbleandgrunt, January 16, 2016, 06:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobbleandgrunt

Got my Midwest call catalog, and it had a new and "improved" old Yeller in a wood pot. I know some of you guys like the old ones.  Maybe something to it.

Double B

Ol Yeller junky right here bro!   O0   Couldn't find it listed online on their site but real interested.  What kind of price and striker?    If they would just make them like they used to....... I got three, including one original I bought new back in the day.   Ol Yelled, a power tip striker and a purple heart and I'm set.  Best mass produced call big box store call ever made in my book.   Many kills w it and always one in my vest.   If its the new style hammer version,  pass.  Maybe it's a calculated marketing plan,  a very, very, very slow new Coke back to Coke classic move!     
Followed by buzzards

PALongspur

I'm more interested in the fact that you already got a Midwest catalog!! Jealous!

Gobbleandgrunt

Here you go man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobbleandgrunt

Just wait till academy get them in and run them in the store lol!!

Double B

Wow that's what it is, an Ol Yeller Classic.   I'll be, never thought I'd see the day.  Thanks for posting the pic!  Sure like to play one.  Can anyone comment on the old one they put in a wood pot, maybe cherry iirc, did they sound similar to the black pot ultimate series?   
Followed by buzzards

Gobbleandgrunt

My old Yeller was a plastic green pot.

Double B

3 Black ultimate series here.   With power tip strikers.   That combo makes the call imho.     Can't believe nobody's into talking about the Ol Yellers, I agree a strong following where I roll.   My base turkey gear was built in the 90s and the survivors are still rocking.    Talking bout my generation!   
Followed by buzzards

870BkWht

I tried to find this call on the Midwest turkey call supply website but they must be out of stock or they haven't received any yet.  I also looked on the Knight and Hale website and it's not even listed.

Anyone know anything about this new version of the call?

Gobbleandgrunt

Yeah, none of the new stuff is on there. Bet you could call. I'm interested in the bud and Betty Crystal.

Double B

Bass pro supposedly has them too.  Have not checked their site but a buddy told me that. 
Followed by buzzards

jwright8

I'm almost positive bass pro also has them.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

perrytrails

They are listed on K&H website now for those interested.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Gobbleandgrunt

I watched it. Doesn't sound like I remember. Yall's Thoughts?