turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Choke for 835 ?

Started by cfounta1, March 29, 2011, 09:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cfounta1

I recently bought an 835 and I have not been able to decide what choke to get. I am trying to decide between Indian Creek and the Jellyhead. I am going to shoot hevi 13 or mag blends depending on the patterns out of my gun. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mossy517

The 835 seems to like .670 chokes, most will say a pure gold. There are most manufactures out there they can make you a good choke.
HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties

sugarray

I would shoot the IC .675.  Should get great patterns from any shell.

SumToy

675 will do you good.  Just pick you a good one and have funny. Most all companies have a good one for that gun.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

joshua

From what I've seen the Pure Gold .670 was made for the 835.   :anim_25: with your choice.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

archery1

i seen the best patterns from the indian creek .675 or the pg .670 shooting the hevi shells
Take a kid hunting

ILIKEHEVI-13

I have a .675 Indian Creek BDS choke.  It shoots very well.  I have a .670 Indian Creek coming.  I think the .670 might just be the magic choke diameter for the 835.  We shall see.  I know my Tru-Glo .670 SSX shot one heck of a pattern in 45 degree weather.  It put 312 in a 10" on the very first shot out of the choke.  That's excellent for that temp and the first shot through the tube.  That was with the Hevi-13 3.5" #7 load.

Mossy517

That was with the Hevi-13 3.5" #7 load.

New or older load?

I will be shooting tomorrow, i have a box of new and a box of older shells. I am anxious to see what happens
HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties

ILIKEHEVI-13

Also it's very hard to beat a Star Dot .676 choke if you can find one with Hevi-13 #7 loads in 3.5". 

The Jelly Head .690 is a very good choke as well.  But it won't put up the numbers that the Star Dot, Indian Creek .675 or Tru-Glo .670 SSX from what I have seen.  But it does shoot a very good overall pattern with Hevi-13 3.5" #7's.  Look for numbers around 270 in a 10" at 40yds with the Jelly Head.

longspur

the IC 675 gets me 280 average. I don't think I want a tighter pattern. A little more even in the 20" circle would be nice.

trkehunr93

I have a Jellyhead on mine and I am getting in the neighborhood of 240-250 in 10 w/ the Hevi 3.5" #7's.  I have a Brileys in .675 that I am going to try this week also, but I like the uniform pattern the Jellyhead gives as well.  Pure Gold is a good choice from what I have seen on here, especially w/ the Hevi 3.5" #6's.  I would take a Star Dot over all of them if I could be lucky enough to find one!

Skeeterbait

I have tried a lot of different chokes, including most that are mentioned on this forum, and I have yet to find a choke that will outpattern the IC .675 in my 835s.

knightrider

my 835 with pg 670 and 3in magblends gives me an average of 225-230 at 40 yards with 90 percent of the shot total in the 20in circle

paturkeyhntr

IC .675 or Jellyhead.  Never tried a PG, but am trying to buy one.

fountain

For me to throw out a specific choke ..first what loads you shooting?   I would say. 670 with the 7s and nothing under. 690 with the nitro blends.