OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

black walnut and cedar for sale in nc

Started by gobblerguide, March 29, 2011, 09:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblerguide

Ihave access to some 20to 25 yr old black walnut that has been airdrying under a shed for 20 yrs or more.It was cut into 1in thick or 2in thick by 10 wide boards,it is a lot of furniture grade wood but will sell for calls.4 dollars a running foot.also lots of beautiful cedar cut and air dried.wood is in siler city nc .call me if interested.tony 405 818 9221.
Worse than the bird flu on gobblers!

lightsoutcalls

Air dried wood of that age will likely be very hard.  I got some walnut offcuts from Ben Pearson Jr. , son of archery pioneer Ben Pearson.  This stuff has been drying for 30+ years and requires me to sharpen my tools repeatedly while turning... seriously! 

Your wood will likely make some good sounding calls, and the price is not unreasonable if there is some decent grain/coloration.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

TarheelTurk

Siler City NC, thats not too far from Person County is it?
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

gobblerguide

Worse than the bird flu on gobblers!

neal

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.