turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey gun to a Slug thrower

Started by AdrianJHare, January 06, 2016, 09:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdrianJHare

Question,  If you have a gun that shoots good patterns that will exchange chokes, would you shoot slugs from this gun with say a Imp Cyl choke ? 

Izzyjoe

You bet! As long as it shoots to point of aim, I've shot some slugs in my 870 that has turkey sights, and it's pretty close at 50yds. with a mod choke,But I'm not Gona adjust the sights cause it's adjusted for Wlb #5's.

Longshanks

Quote from: Izzyjoe on January 07, 2016, 07:35:29 PM
You bet! As long as it shoots to point of aim, I've shot some slugs in my 870 that has turkey sights, and it's pretty close at 50yds. with a mod choke,But I'm not Gona adjust the sights cause it's adjusted for Wlb #5's.

Never thought about doing that..will keep that in mind during firearm season in IL and see what the gun will do. Thanks

Bowguy

Foster slugs n open chokes make for the slug "rattling" it's way down the bore resulting is mediocre accuracy in most guns. Least imo. I think a better option is buying a rifled slug barrel. Better yet, if you can afford it buy another gun this way you won't have to move sights. Many slug barrels are cantilevered so a scope can be moved with the barrel. I'm not a fan of that system but it is another option.
All animals deserve our best effort at making clean shots, compromise is not an option