OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Green anodized question

Started by TarheelTurk, January 03, 2016, 09:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TarheelTurk

So I finally got a few pieces of the green anodized in. My question is on one side it is smooth and similar to the black anodized I'm used too. On the other it's a little more rough, not quite but similar to blasted aluminum. Never used this before and wondered which side to I use to play ? Thanks for any and all advice y'all!
Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

paboxcall

I used the blasted side for the playing surface for the few pot calls I made with it.  Good luck!
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

mastevt

I use the smooth side, but with an acrylic striker peg.  gets a cleaner crisper sound.

TarheelTurk

Thank you a bunch  ! Guess it's time to do a little experiment LOL

Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

outdoors

I HOPE YA POST  YOUR RESULTS

WHERE CAN YA GET THE GREEN ALUMINUM THANKS   
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

TarheelTurk

Grassy creek