turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

John Sinclair Ebony Titanium/Slate

Started by 870BkWht, December 31, 2015, 10:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870BkWht

About two weeks ago I called John Sinclair to inquire about his titanium pot calls.  He was more than willing to run not only the titanium surfaced calls but also the brass calls for me.  After hearing them both he then described the different maintenance involved in each call.  He also took the time to describe the differences in the pitch, tone, and raspiness of each call from 3'', 3.25'', and the 3.5'' calls he makes. After about 20 minutes on the phone I decided I wanted a titanium surfaced call in an ebony pot.  He made absolutely sure I wanted the ebony for the pot and I told him that even though it was more for me to pay, I still wanted it.  At no time during our conversation did I feel like John was trying to sell me his call. 

Fast forward about 2 weeks.  The magic mailbox was good to me today.  I received my call today and since then I can not stop playing it.  This is my first titanium surfaced call and I honestly was worried it would sound too much like copper and have to be reconditioned all the time.  I was surprised by how wrong I was.  This call is very versatile in that I can run it in the center, middle, and out near the edge of the call and produce everything from a nice subtle purr to clucks and then get loud with it and kee kee, yelp, and cackles.  Depending on the pressure of the striker it will play clear to fairly raspy. The striker matches the pot fantastic, and balances really well.  Being that its yellowheart, it not only looks good, it also sounds great.

I just wanted to take a moment and post a couple pictures and brag on a great call maker and a great call.  If your in the market for a new call, and want something different, call John Sinclair.

outdoors

NICE LOOKING CALL    :icon_thumright:
WHAT SIZE DID U GET    :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

silverspur

Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

870BkWht

Quote from: outdoors on December 31, 2015, 10:17:20 PM
NICE LOOKING CALL    :icon_thumright:
WHAT SIZE DID U GET    :icon_thumright:

I decided to get the 3.25'' since it seemed like a happy medium  between the 3 and the 3.5'' calls in raspy and volume.  The 3 was higher in pitch and rasp and the 3.5 was more mellow.  This one is a perfect middle of the road.

John Sinclair CustomCalls

John Sinclair CustomCalls

Thanks everyone for your praise! FYI - most of the buy-it-now product on eBay will be removed by 8:00 or 9:00 EST tonight and replaced with 5-day auctions over the next two weeks. Auctions will start at 99-cents until the 2015 inventory is emptied. Enjoy!!
- John