turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Let's See Your Four Glass/Crystal Killers

Started by hunter22, December 29, 2015, 07:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

A little wrinkle from an earlier post. Let's see your 4 glass/crystal calls that have accounted for the most dead gobblers while you were running that call surface. Here are mine. I have called in around 20 gobblers with these calls. For several years the Bud & Betty and the Larry Bean were my go-to crystal/glass calls.

Bud & Betty Oak crystal/glass

Larry Bean wormy Butternut crystal/glass

Steve Reeves Call Girl crystal/aluminum

Lonzo Trice Black Acrylic

Gobbleandgrunt

Hunter22 I ordered a crystal in a oak pot after our messages. I'm gonna take a chance on it.

hunter22

I don't think Russell still makes the 2-sided pot but I might be wrong. I know he told me one time that I had "one of the good ones" when I told him what I had from him.

mgm1955

sbbow

Nice group of calls Rickey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eddie234

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

callmakerman

I spend more time hunting with a slate but these have and will see woods time this year.

Jgarrett

Quote from: callmakerman on January 01, 2016, 07:48:11 PM
I spend more time hunting with a slate but these have and will see woods time this year.

Are those your new acrylic calls?
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

callmakerman

Quote from: Jgarrett on January 02, 2016, 11:50:44 PM

Are those your new acrylic calls?
Top two are. The bottom two are snakewood, holly and ebony and a gabon ebony

eorlando

Those are beautiful Bill!!!   Let me know if you decide to let any of them go. How did that snakewood call we were talking about turn out?

Eric

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

drenalinld

Here are my proven killers. Started out with that perfection glass over glass in plastic pot with acrylic strikers. A killer friend of mine who had shoe boxes full of beards told me early on to buy this pot and learn to cluck and purr on it. It makes very realistic soft talk. Proved deadly. After a few years and lots of birds called in even some kills I bought that cherry classic Woodhaven. Many have died looking for her calling. That is third crystal in it.The first custom pot I bought is bottom left a glass over slate in Osage pot. It is my favorite turkey call I own. Replaced glass at least three times. Made by Jerry Hampton. The glass over glass in corian come later also by Hampton. These four all have at least double digit kills.

Gobbleandgrunt

I see you have a triple seven striker. It is unbelievable how good a store bought striker can sound. I have several, and they run on anything.

Thundermtn

My 4.

Platz, crystal/slate in walnut. One off call I lucked out on in the classifieds here.
Sneed, Outlaw Hen
Halloran, Crystal Mistress
H.S. Strut, Glass Witch. Glass/wood in a composite wood fiber pot. This call has finished a BUNCH of my birds.