turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Calls

Started by Bowguy, December 18, 2015, 12:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Almost 2016 and spring means turkeys. This place has been quiet, instead of the "What's your favorite call?" posts, how bout what calls are you hoping to get before season?
For me its a Platz cherry aluminum and a walnut glass hopefully done soon.  May try n get a Lonzo Aluminum as well but that hasn't been ordered yet, oh yea n a Sharpe wingbone is also on the list of calls to order.
How bout you guys?

870BkWht

I have a Brad Roberts Ceramic/Glass in a Walnut Pot that he is shipping to me this week.  I just ordered a John Sinclair Titanium in an Ebony Pot that should be here in 3 weeks or so.  I want to get a crystal surfaced call from Jimmy Shaefer but nothing has been ordered and Im not sure what kind of Crystal to get from him.  I also am looking for a good quality slate as well.

Bowguy

Out of the crystals I have from Jim I still like my mad hen 2 the best

870BkWht

Quote from: Bowguy on December 19, 2015, 10:14:23 AM

Whats the difference between the mad hen and the mad hen 2 ?

Sully53

In a few weeks I should have my ambrosia maple bronze glass pot call and a redheart/holly scratchbox from the guys at SS and hopefully a Mac Calls glass before the spring season starts.

Brian

Bowguy

Quote from: 870BkWht on December 19, 2015, 12:58:28 PM

Hole in center is plugged in mad hen 2. Both great calls, I like the mh2, my buddy seems to love the mad hen 1 n he's killed a buncha birds w it. Don't overlook his Atomic 13

Bowguy

Quote from: Sully53 on December 19, 2015, 01:46:19 PM
In a few weeks I should have my ambrosia maple bronze glass pot call and a redheart/holly scratchbox from the guys at SS and hopefully a Mac Calls glass before the spring season starts.

Brian
I don't think SS can even make a bad call n MACs are awesome too

PALongspur

Quote from: 870BkWht on December 19, 2015, 08:51:11 AM
I also am looking for a good quality slate as well.

Give Mark @ MAC Calls a shout and order his cherry slate. Quest complete.

Jgarrett

Quote from: Bowguy on December 18, 2015, 12:34:29 PM
Almost 2016 and spring means turkeys. This place has been quiet, instead of the "What's your favorite call?" posts, how bout what calls are you hoping to get before season?
For me its a Platz cherry aluminum and a walnut glass hopefully done soon.  May try n get a Lonzo Aluminum as well but that hasn't been ordered yet, oh yea n a Sharpe wingbone is also on the list of calls to order.
How bout you guys?

That's funny, I'm also waiting on those exact Platz calls, really hoping to have them for spring
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

Jgarrett

Quote from: 870BkWht on December 19, 2015, 08:51:11 AM
I have a Brad Roberts Ceramic/Glass in a Walnut Pot that he is shipping to me this week.  I just ordered a John Sinclair Titanium in an Ebony Pot that should be here in 3 weeks or so.  I want to get a crystal surfaced call from Jimmy Shaefer but nothing has been ordered and Im not sure what kind of Crystal to get from him.  I also am looking for a good quality slate as well.

I think his blue mahoe crystal is great.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

Gobbleandgrunt

Jimmy's blue mahoe is my favorite call I own. Period. He also sent me a slate call from his personal collection. I asked for a certain sound and boy did it deliver. I have a glen marrer zebrawood double glass, a Mac call, and a platze walnut double glass all on order. Can't wait!!

davisd9

Would love to get a Natural Addiction Trumpet! Del will fix a fellow up!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

REBELYELL

Quote from: 870BkWht on December 19, 2015, 12:58:28 PM

Mad Hen=crystal over glass
Mad Hen 2=crystal over slate

BABS9

I would like to get a Brad Roberts Poplar Glass, Sinclair Titanium and a Mad Hen 1 or 2

Bowguy

Think you're right bout the mad hen soundboards., I know he plugged the center holes now. Gotta ask em, what he called the newer calls. Maybe Gen 2