OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

savage springfield model 67 e

Started by mmusso, March 28, 2011, 09:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmusso

My uncle just gave me his old gun. It's a 12ga, 3" chamber, and not sure what barrel constriction. I  know very little about these guns. Does anyone else have one or know the barrel construction? This is the only shotgun I have that doesn't take screw in chokes. Plan on shooting lead in this one.
thanks
Matt

Mike Honcho

Matt: I have one too , inherited from a relative.  I kept for his boys who I have the honor of hunting with now.  The vast majority of these are 28" barrels with modified chokes. They did make them in all chokes so I would recommend taking to a good gun shop and they can use a choke gauge on it and tell you what you have.  Mine is modified choke and it only patterns well enough to cleanly kill a turkey at 30 yards.  Probably find a good 3" lead turkey load , 5 or 6 shot and you should be ok to 30 yards if it's modified, a little farther if full choke.  These aren't fancy guns and have single slide action bars vs. better guns like 870's that have dual slide bars. Numrich Arms has about every part you would ever need for these.