turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

M2, IC .665, Hevi-13 #6 pattern

Started by rbreedi1, March 28, 2011, 09:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbreedi1

Benelli M2, 26 inch barrel, IC .665, Hevi-13 3" 2 oz #6, 52 degrees mostly cloudy, 40 yards.
What do you guys think about this pattern?  I was expecting a somewhat higher number but it will do I would say.
Thunder Ridge Totes

Buxndiverdux

Dead Bird... :z-guntootsmiley:  If you want better numbers, try Hevi 13 # 7's.... :anim_25:

archery1

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright
Quote from: Buxndiverdux on March 28, 2011, 09:12:55 PM
Dead Bird... :z-guntootsmiley:  If you want better numbers, try Hevi 13 # 7's..
Take a kid hunting

spur collector

K-ZONE

Mallards Only

greenheadIL

I have a Benelli SBE and I was getting about those same numbers with an IC .665 and the Hevi 13 6's.  I then tried a Jellyhead and ran the Hevi 13 3.5" 2.25oz 7's and my pattern improved greatly.  I was then getting 260 hits in a 10" circle at 40 yards and 180 hits at 50 yards.  I tried the 7's out of the IC also and didn't get near the pattern.  I would try a Jellyhead and the 7's if I were you, or if you don't want to buy another choke try the 7's in your IC.  IC will allow you to return their choke though if you want and that's what I did.

Hay Flats

Stick with the combo you have! that is one bird killing combo, I will stick with the 6's any day over 7's. Your numbers will vary from lot to lot of ammo to. The numbers should come up with warmer weather as well :)

Kurt

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Buxndiverdux on March 28, 2011, 09:12:55 PM
Dead Bird... :z-guntootsmiley:  If you want better numbers, try Hevi 13 # 7's.... :anim_25:

I agree.  The 7's will do a lot better. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Hay Flats on March 29, 2011, 12:06:42 PM
Stick with the combo you have! that is one bird killing combo, I will stick with the 6's any day over 7's. Your numbers will vary from lot to lot of ammo to. The numbers should come up with warmer weather as well :)

Kurt

The 6's will work well.  But the 7's will give you a lot more multiple killing hits in the vitals.  That's why I use them.  

Let me show you a thread from a bird that got toasted with 7's.  You be the judge if 6's would cause the same type of damgage at that distance.  

ILIKEHEVI-13

ncturkey

I am getting better results with that load in my Remy. Have you polished the barrel yet. I was getting in 175 before I polished my barrel. I am avg. 200+ know. They are having some inconsist results with the 20 gauge loads too. Hope this is not the case with the Hevi 13 3" 2 oz loads. I have three boxs of the Hevi 13 3" 2 oz loads. My lot # is 200687. This the same lot # I got my avg of 200+ in the 10: circle @ 40 yards. You my want to try thr Hevi 13 #7 loads. I do not shoot #7's they are not legal in the state of South Carolina.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

rbreedi1

Thunder Ridge Totes