turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 with hevi-13 mag blend?

Started by Kyfoster11, March 28, 2011, 09:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyfoster11

Im shooting a 655 kicks out of my 870 and was thinking about trying the hevi13 mag blend 5,6,7 blend.  Is this choke 2 tight for this shell?
thanks
ky

gatrkyhntr70

probally be better with the .665.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

K-ZONE

You better call kicks...I heard they say no hevi shot through they're ckokes.I could be wrong so phone call would do you best.

Kyfoster11

What would be a good choke to shoot the Hevi through for and 870?  I know the 7's shoot some great patterns but the size of the shot still has me wondering about it,
thanks
ky

bigboy84

I don't know what your shooting but kicks recomends #6s with that choke. I have got a buddy that shoots a. 655 and mag blends and gets 170+ when the shells shoot good. He has been having problems with them being constant. I tried them and had the sans results. Hope this helps..

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Quotekicks recomends #6s with that choke.

Kick's recommends the .655 choke for "Lead" 6's.

The Mag Blend shells are #4 through #8 HTL.  Forget the 5, 6, & 7 labeling.

Kyfoster11

Yeah I just saw where Kicks says no hevi shot so Im looking to get a choke for the hevi 6's or 7's to try.  Thinkiing about the IC...would the 660 or 665 be best with a polished barrel?

ky

BigPeck215

with the larger #5 pellets in the blend i would go with a .665 Indian creek as opposed to .660, those larger pellets need more room to maneuver. but indian creek will work with you on exit diameter so give them a call and ask what they recommend, they are usually right on the money

1iagobblergetter

I would try a Jellyhead in .660 or .665! Myself and a'lot of others on this forum have had great luck with them through the 870's. I have 2 guns with the kicks chokes and have shot HTL exclusively through them without problems,maybe call and ask them.

bowhunter84

with a rhino .660 choke and 3.5" mag blends i got 301 in a 10" circle @ 40yds with my 1187

chcltlabz

I just shot 184 with a polished 870 in 3 inch with the Mag Blends.  Shooting the Remington Super Full Turkey.  Best pattern I got out of the Mag Blends.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Kyfoster11

Would the .660 jellyhead be good with the hevi #7's also? 

thanks
ky

BigPeck215

Quote from: Kyfoster11 on March 29, 2011, 05:09:56 PM
Would the .660 jellyhead be good with the hevi #7's also? 

yeah you can usually choke the 7's down a bit more than you can larger shot sizes

shoe72

i got a cousin that shoots a rem 1187 and we both just switched to hevi-13 #6's
and he bought the primos tight wad for his and i got the IC choke for my
winchester sx3 and we both are putting like 100 shots on a turkey paper target
at 30 yrds(in the kill zone that is) ;D
               :z-guntootsmiley:

Kyfoster11

Will the Jelly Head chokes shoot hevi shot?