OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Glenn marrer zebra slate over slate

Started by Gobbleandgrunt, December 07, 2015, 12:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobbleandgrunt

I just received my Glenn marrer zebrAwood slate over slate with a persimmon striker. I love it. Sounds great for some early morning talk. I also ordered a monkey wood striker from Glenn. Very beautiful call with great sound. Easy to deal with as well. Now I know what all the fuss was over Glenn's calls.

hunter22

Good choices. One of the best in my opinion.

West Augusta

I never leave home without one of Glen's glass over glass pot calls in my vest.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Jgarrett

Can't say enough good things about him and his calls.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

Scott Hock

Great guy to deal with. Have several of his calls and they are all great. I love his strikers, some of the best out there. Just sent him 2 blocks of Macassar Ebony to make some calls with. These will be unbelievably. Can't wait to see the finished product.

hunter22

Here's some of mine from Glen. I used the Macassar Ebony slate on the Colorado Merriam hunt this past spring. I also have an Osage copper/glass, a Holly anodized aluminum, and a Cocobolo glass that are not in the picture.

Scott Hock

Great collection. Do you have a favorite of his?

hunter22

The Koa slate in the center is one of the prettiest pot calls I have ever seen. Plus it really sounds good. But that can be said for about any of Glen's calls I have run.

hunter22

Here's a couple more pics I found of Glen's pot calls and strikers.

[/quote]

Scott Hock

That's an awesome collection. Makes me want to build mine more which I think I will!
Thanks for the pictures.

Gobbleandgrunt

Jgarrett

Quote from: hunter22 on December 13, 2015, 10:26:16 PM
Here's some of mine from Glen. I used the Macassar Ebony slate on the Colorado Merriam hunt this past spring. I also have an Osage copper/glass, a Holly anodized aluminum, and a Cocobolo glass that are not in the picture.

That macassar ebony is one beautiful call.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

West Augusta

Rickey, this is one category where I may be able to come close to your collection.  I'll have to check the rest when I get home.  I have 3 with me.

That Zebrawood glass over glass is the first out of my vest every morning in the turkey woods.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

mgm1955

hunter22