OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ask you Why on Pattering on Dot or small circle

Started by bigbuck326, March 28, 2011, 08:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbuck326

I am curious the patterning with dot  at target  that s mean  turkey head  ? i am just learning this patterning  here is picture show.... Could you explain .....

Gobble!

The dot is your point of aim. Based on the densest part of the pattern you can adjust your sights so your POA and POI is the same. The circle is 10" and you draw it around the densest part of the pattern.

WyoHunter

Quote from: Gobble! on March 28, 2011, 08:06:25 PM
The dot is your point of aim. Based on the densest part of the pattern you can adjust your sights so your POA and POI is the same. The circle is 10" and you draw it around the densest part of the pattern.
:agreed:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

trkehunr93

Quote from: WyoHunter on March 29, 2011, 12:28:15 AM
Quote from: Gobble! on March 28, 2011, 08:06:25 PM
:agreed:

:agreed: x2

Skeeterbait

We use a dot to aim at, but then after the shot draw a 10 inch circle around the densest part of the pattern.  This circle does two things for you.  It allows you to see how you need to adjust your sights to center the pattern on the dot, and counting the number of pellets inside the circle allows you to measure the potential effectiveness of the shell/choke/gun combination at that given range.