Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wendell Rye Lights Out Custom complaint...

Started by GC, March 28, 2011, 06:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GC

Hello Wendell,
I received my maple slate over glass call today and wanted to drop you a line regarding a complaint I have.  My complaint is that the call is so very danged nice, now it is nudging my old favorites toward the back pockets of the turkey vest - lol.  

Seriously, it is very nice; the workmanship is first rate and the sound is clear, crisp, sharp, and all turkey.  The call and striker are lightweight and the striker is perfectly balanced and shaped.  Both have a nice exterior finish.  I am very happy with the combo.  

Thanks for the good work, the Lights Out Custom will be carried proudly in the vest and be put to work often.

GC

LeviSS

Hey GC, good to see you over here.  It's your fault that I now have two Lights Out calls...and want more.   ;D :z-guntootsmiley:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

GC

Levi,
I had to get another after giving mine away to a kid a few weeks ago.  He could work it easily, fell in love with it immediately, and sorta wandered out the door with it!  What's a guy to do?  :)

BTW, I may have had something to do with you getting the first one, but the second and any others to follow are all you bud!  ;)

mudhen

Be careful, LO Calls can become habit forming.....

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

WyoHunter

I've got 3 so my only complaint is I don't have 4! :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

turkey slayer

cannonball

harvester

:icon_thumright:
Got 1, gonna get another one. Slate this time.

lightsoutcalls

I have to tell you, when I saw your email and this post, I was a bit concerned at first.  Thanks for the orders and the positive feedback.  All of you guys are the ones that keep the lathe going and the calls headed to the woods.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

duckaholic25

I seem to have the same problems you guys are having. Lights out call had me take an old favorite out of the vest and it has left me wanting more. I think my next one will be a slate. What wood combo do yall suggest?

handcannon

I thought someone was calling my boy out there for a minute. Glad to see it was a positive note after all. I got a pair of glass calls from him and a tube call that are awesome to say the least.