Started by Lon0121, March 28, 2011, 02:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lon0121

Quaker Boy pro-staff
mossy oak pro-staff

shootumindaface

Im thinking you are going to have to go with more constriction

daleoutdoorguy

Looks to me like pattern # 1 is way more even eventhough there are not as many "kill zone" hits.

Pattern #2 has more "kill zone hits" but the pattern looks very weak on the right, maybe just the shot was pulled a little bit?

Lon0121

heres a shot of the no 6's  on a 4ft by 4ft piece of paper!  3 in black circle for poa!

im shooting a carlsons DC in 660,  he assured me by this pic that if i were to draw a 10 in circle below the black dot i could get a good kill shot at 40 for sure!  what do you thinK>  or should i go tighter?

http://img38.imageshack.us/i/001dcc.jpg/
Quaker Boy pro-staff
mossy oak pro-staff

honker22

660 is pretty tight, but your pattern isn't really too tight... not sure if that combo is the primo combo for your gun.  That being said..  The pic of the big paper tells the story a little better.  If you get your POI on center with that dot, that'll kill a turkey at 40 for sure. 
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

sugarray

Quote from: honker22 on March 28, 2011, 03:20:47 PM
660 is pretty tight, but your pattern isn't really too tight... not sure if that combo is the primo combo for your gun.  That being said..  The pic of the big paper tells the story a little better.  If you get your POI on center with that dot, that'll kill a turkey at 40 for sure. 
:agreed:

SKFOOTER

Those were Remington Nitro loads, not Nitros.  You need to be more specific.

Gobble!

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 28, 2011, 04:17:17 PM

yea you also need to state altitude, temperature, relative humidity, and hair color  :policeman:

Lon0121

wow......
:thanks:
Quaker Boy pro-staff
mossy oak pro-staff

sugarray

Nitro ammo company loads hevi shot, like the HeviShot company.  Their loads are smoking and pattern much better than the Rem Nitro loads.  Thus making us think something is terribly wrong with your patterns if they are from Nitro.  That is why that post, but no sweat.  We'll help get you shooting where You want to be.  That is all that matters.

Lon0121

thanks guys!  i was just given an undertaker choke tube in 665 diameter!

my current DC choke is 660 they said at carlsons!  wonder if the undertaker would work better!~

its a 665 instead of the current 660 im using! 
Quaker Boy pro-staff
mossy oak pro-staff

SKFOOTER

Quote from: Gobble! on March 28, 2011, 04:21:20 PM
Those were Remington Nitro loads, not Nitros.  You need to be more specific.

yea you also need to state altitude, temperature, relative humidity, and hair color  :policeman:
Gobble, do you have a problem with my posts? :bartsimpson:

Lon0121

Quaker Boy pro-staff
mossy oak pro-staff

Lon0121

you think im not tight enough?  or  too tight!?   or is the choke a piece of fodder!~

no 6 win high velocity 3 in  1300fps "the black box"   40 yards

http://img863.imageshack.us/i/002zi.jpg/
Quaker Boy pro-staff
mossy oak pro-staff

Lon0121

its a heavi shot choke so maybe it doesn't pattern well with regular lead 4 5 6's
Quaker Boy pro-staff
mossy oak pro-staff