Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best choke for SBE2 and longbeard xr 5s?

Started by TheSportsman, September 28, 2015, 09:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

Benelli sbe2 with a 26" pipe.... What u guys think? I wanting to shoot the 3.5" 2oz #5s... Kicks? Jebs? Patternmaster? What choke and constriction? Looks like so far I've got a jellyhead 660 and a patternmaster code black .665 to test.

OldSwamper

i have a Rob Roberts 655 that patterned well with both the 3.5" LB 5's and 6's.  i chose the 6's and had good luck with them this year.  i can't remember the pellet count at the 40-yard pattern board, but i have it on my phone at work.  i'll check it tomorrow and let you know.

what i like is the RR choke protrudes from the barrel about one inch at most, unlike some of the others.  maybe a personal preference, but i like the shorter tube (as long as it patterns well)

PALongspur

I have the same gun as you. My Rob Roberts .650 does mid 180s to 190s with Longbeard 5s.

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

reynolds243

Quote from: OldSwamper on September 28, 2015, 09:14:09 PM
i have a Rob Roberts 655 that patterned well with both the 3.5" LB 5's and 6's.  i chose the 6's and had good luck with them this year.  i can't remember the pellet count at the 40-yard pattern board, but i have it on my phone at work.  i'll check it tomorrow and let you know.

what i like is the RR choke protrudes from the barrel about one inch at most, unlike some of the others.  maybe a personal preference, but i like the shorter tube (as long as it patterns well)

agreed on both accounts and thats exactly what i settled on.  the indian creek 660 shoots them very well too but i like the shortness of Robs chokes much better then how long the Indian creek is.