OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Scope or not

Started by Blue John, March 28, 2011, 11:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue John

:anim_65:

Need some help. My SBE II is shooting low and to the right at 40 yds and low at 25 yds. I talked to IC folks and they told me the way they sighted in their guns. I don't have any optics on it now but, it sure looks like I'll have to put a scope on it. I think I would prefer a scope as opposed to the red dot. Anyway some of you give me some hints on the scopes or set ups. I have found a scope (Nikon trophy turkey hunter) but am having problems finding the base mount to attach the scope. Let me know what to do. thanks,Blue John.....

outdoorsurveys

Blue John,

The way to go in my opinion is with a scope.  You have a good one with the Nikon scope.
Feel free to check my set-up out at http://www.outdoorsurveys.com/The_Perfect_Turkey_Gun.html

Good luck,

Gary

afoshie

mueller red dot is the ticket. Had the same problem on my mossy 835 put one on it and i love it.

magicman

You could also go with adjustable open sights....something like Williams Fire Sights. That's what I put on my 835 and they work perfectly. Tru Glo also has some you can check out.

surehuntsalot

just can't see a scope on one of my turkey guns ever
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

njdevilsb

I agree on the 2 posts above me.  I love the Williams Fire Sights.  I don't really have any interest in putting a scope on my turkey guns.

Cutt

Quote from: njdevilsb on March 28, 2011, 10:57:33 PM
I agree on the 2 posts above me.  I love the Williams Fire Sights.  I don't really have any interest in putting a scope on my turkey guns.

Me too, always used open adjustable sight for turkey.

Most shots are 40 yards and in and I like a wide field of view with the open sights. I never wanted to try a scope on a turkey gun either, as I could see myself peeking around the scope if I lost my target in the scope and getting busted because of peeking.

ericjames

I have a scope on one of my guns but never use it,its just there.I have always used an adjustable open sights but a friend of mine was selling his gun the other day and I told him I would like to shoot it to see how it patterned.It is a benelli supernova with a jellyhead .655 26" and it has just a bead on it and it is dead on and some great patterns so I had to buy it from him. so thats my turkey gun for a long time.