turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

HELP HELP with Invector + 12ga. super X2

Started by slicksbeagles1, March 28, 2011, 10:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slicksbeagles1

i need help with a super x2 12ga. 28" i have a PG .670 choke and i don't think the gun likes it can not get good patterns. shooting 3" shells i have tried xtd 6's, hevi mag blends, and hevi#7 3-2-7. does anybody have this gun and what do you have the best luck? :(

allaboutshooting

Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on March 28, 2011, 10:06:31 AM
i need help with a super x2 12ga. 28" i have a PG .670 choke and i don't think the gun likes it can not get good patterns. shooting 3" shells i have tried xtd 6's, hevi mag blends, and hevi#7 3-2-7. does anybody have this gun and what do you have the best luck? :(

I have the SX3 with a 28" barrel. My gun likes the 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shells with 2 oz. of #6 shot best, shot through a .643 turkey choke.

Have you "deep cleaned" your barrel? You might find that to be of help as well.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on March 28, 2011, 10:06:31 AM

That gun and choke should be great with any of those shells. Are you shooting at a large piece of paper or cardboard to check your poa vs. poi???
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Reloader

Sort of surprised the PG didn't work out.  I'm running a JH 670 in a 26" SX2 and the patterns are good with Winchester lead #6 shells and with Hevi as well.

The IBCDS 675 is a good one as well as the JH 670.

Thunderchicken

I have a Browning maxus, which I think has a identical barrel to your SX3.  I also bought a PG .670 and use Hevishot Magblend 31/2's.  I didnt get great #'s with that combo either.  I'm stuck and not sure where to go next either.  Thinking of a jellyhead.

J Gilbert

With my 28" SX3 and a .665 IC and the 3.5" MB's I got right at 200, but only after I polished it.  I wish I had a .675 but the pattern I have will do for my backup gun