OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

where do you put that bead on the turkey when ya shoot?

Started by Lon0121, March 27, 2011, 11:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reloader

I try not to get very technical about my hold, that red noggin seems to be a good bullseye to me. 

Hognutz

Me too. By the time the shot gets there, it will be spread enough to hit the neck, as well. I aim for the noggin. Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Turkeydan

From 15-40 yards I place the bead on the middle of the neck. Beyond that  I aim for the top of the head.

deadbuck

I try to aim between the wattles and beard, but I rarely ever get shot in the breast so I must be holding higher than I think.

longspur

turkeys must tear me up alot worse than everybody else. super overactive adrenaline. cant hardly see, can't hardly breath. can't hardly judge distance, there's no way I could concentrate on aiming. Instinct tells me to shoot him in the head so I just shoot him in the head. I don't know if I aim or not. After I get to the turkey and calm down a bit there's always a fresh shell in the chamber and safety is on. I don't know how it gets like that. Only ones I've ever missed is when I shoot a tree or something. If I could invent a drug that would do that to you all the drug lords in the world would be out of business. :gobble:

gatrkyhntr70

mid neck or just below the head, everyone that Ive shot in the waddles blew most of the beard off
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

trkehunr93

right below the head, don't like shot in the breast!

daleoutdoorguy

Quote from: Spuriosity on March 28, 2011, 09:04:49 AM
You guys that shoot 3 different guns and have a different POA for all three are cooler under pressure than I am. I want all my guns shooting to exactly POA so there is no thinking involved. Aim for mid neck and let fly.

Sound like a plan to me, easy no brainer and a Tom for the deep fryer :anim_65:

Trevor2

Hold right on the head my gun patterns 4" low and I just hold on head instead of adjusting the sights like I should do
Strutstopper

shootumindaface

Gobble!

In the past i have aimed at their head but this year i going to aim in the middle of the neck.

Sometimes though i try to take out there legs then finish them with my spear!!

renegade19

Quote from: trkehunr93 on March 28, 2011, 02:20:00 PM
right below the head, don't like shot in the breast!

Same here.  I don't take a lot of time to think about it.  Aim, squeeze, boom, dead bird.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

turkey_slayer

I put the fastfire dot on the waddles.  I have it set to where the densest part of my pattern covers his head so really my poi is higher than my poa.  I like to see his head above the dot so I can align up better on close shots.  Plus it keeps a lot of shot out of the breast at the longer ranges.

capnrock

I recommend this:  like his screen name says

shootumindaface

:TooFunny: