OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Patternmaster remington versa max turkey choke

Started by 29810434, July 18, 2015, 05:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anybody did any patterning with the code black turkey choke by patternmaster?

forcercon1

I hope this finds you well. I have patterned this gun with the stock Turkey choke, Sumtoy & Patternmaster. All three chokes shot well with the Sumtoy and Pattermaster shooting the best. The Sumtoy and Patternmaster both shot very good groups with multiple load types. I have never had to use the "Patternmaster" customer service sbut understand its good. I did speak with William at Sumtoy directly and he worked directly with me to make a choke based on what I was trying to accomplish in patterning. For this reason, I would say Sumtoy because customer service means a lot to me.

Thanks for the help,I bought a patternmaster last week.As soon as it cools down a little I plan on seeing what it will do.

jepcho

My main turkey hunting buddy has a versamax with a code black choke and that combo is deadly shooting 3.5" hevishot magnum blends.  You wont be disappointed.

Onpoint

Quote from: forcercon1 on July 27, 2015, 11:42:47 PM
I hope this finds you well. I have patterned this gun with the stock Turkey choke, Sumtoy & Patternmaster. All three chokes shot well with the Sumtoy and Pattermaster shooting the best. The Sumtoy and Patternmaster both shot very good groups with multiple load types. I have never had to use the "Patternmaster" customer service sbut understand its good. I did speak with William at Sumtoy directly and he worked directly with me to make a choke based on what I was trying to accomplish in patterning. For this reason, I would say Sumtoy because customer service means a lot to me.
Williams chokes are top notch.
Jebs is another company that will work with you like sumtoy does.

I haven't had a chance to shoot a code black, but I plan to get one for my next gun.  I've heard their customer service Is at the top as well.

From my experience with the jebs and sumtoy, both are amazing. Both put up good numbers and both, consistently throw some of the most even hunting patterns I've ever seen. Flip a coin

Onpoint

Quote from: 29810434 on July 28, 2015, 03:18:08 PM
Thanks for the help,I bought a patternmaster last week.As soon as it cools down a little I plan on seeing what it will do.
Didn't read enough post to see that u had already decided
Let us know how it does