turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lonnie Sneed Sr. Calls!!!

Started by Mobeardhunter, July 11, 2015, 12:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobeardhunter

Got my 3 Lonnie Sneed calls in the mail today! :happy0064: These are my first custom pot calls and I made a great choice, I've been playing with them all morning. I got the Tree Talker, Outlaw and Hot Hen and they're all 3 sweet! Got a Steve Torman Black Locust coming that I can't wait to pair up with this Hot Hen! Thanks to the Old Gobbler site for giving clueless guys like myself a chance to find and try some custom options that can't be found at Walmart or Bass Pro.

Beards and Hooks

First post here and I'd like to second your applause! I received my calls the Hot Hen, Outlaw hen, tree talker, and the rectangular slate from Lonnie yesterday and wow what awesome calls from a great guy. I have read a ton of posts on here and that made my decision a lot easier to order my first customs from Lonnie. I talked too him twice on the phone and have never had more enjoyable turkey talk,  thanks Lonnie!  :turkey2:

mgm1955

Congrats on some outstanding calls!!

Muzzy61

Can't go wrong with any of Lonnie's calls.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Bowguy

Congrats guys but now you'll be looking to buy new calls each week since you got the custom call bug

Mobeardhunter

Quote from: Bowguy on July 23, 2015, 09:31:22 PM
Congrats guys but now you'll be looking to buy new calls each week since you got the custom call bug

You're 100% right, I just ordered a Lyman Aluminum and I've ordered a couple Torman Strikers.

Mobeardhunter

Beards and Hooks

The addiction is thriving LOL, ordered six strikers from Midwest Turkey Supply, before ordering Lonnies calls. Also ordered and received a silver fox (aluminum) from AL of  enticer turkey calls,  great call and guy as well. I am talking to Mike Yingling and he is making me a copper pot as we speak and Andy Kaiser Kaiserkalls is going to be making me a ceramic. I like to get a couple strikers atleast when i get a new call. It's really addictive but I am hoping after i get these next two calls I am done until after next season  :turkey2:

outdoors

:TooFunny:    ITS ONLY THE BEGINNING.     :TooFunny:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Bowguy

Quote from: Mobeardhunter on July 24, 2015, 08:56:07 AM
And a SS Scratch Box  :you_rock:
Ah the scratch box gonna get ya. Those things are like potatoe chips.

Bowguy

Quote from: Beards and Hooks on July 24, 2015, 05:02:15 PM
The addiction is thriving LOL, ordered six strikers from Midwest Turkey Supply, before ordering Lonnies calls. Also ordered and received a silver fox (aluminum) from AL of  enticer turkey calls,  great call and guy as well. I am talking to Mike Yingling and he is making me a copper pot as we speak and Andy Kaiser Kaiserkalls is going to be making me a ceramic. I like to get a couple strikers atleast when i get a new call. It's really addictive but I am hoping after i get these next two calls I am done until after next season  :turkey2:
You might not be even done this summer, never mind this season. Have fun calls are part of the off season stuff you can do

Beards and Hooks

I am definitely having fun, it's a blast. I just wish i could get as enthused for fall turkey hunting as spring. Your probably right with me not being done  :happy0064:

davisd9

I have a hot hen that is in my vest. Planning on getting an outlaw hen soon! Congratulations on some great calls from a great hunter and call maker!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Tail Feathers

I'm tickled with my Hot Hen call!
I have more calls than I could carry in a five gallon bucket but I still add one or two per year it seems.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

silverspur

Those are some fine killer pot calls from Mr Lonnie!
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs