Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Are there any good shotgun scopes for my 835 in the $100 range?

Started by bigcountry25, July 05, 2015, 01:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigcountry25

I have an 835 that I only use turkey hunting and are there any good scoped in the $100 range? I will also want to have it filmed dipped to match my camo on my gun.

Thanks

mwr

Onpoint

Quote from: mwr on July 05, 2015, 01:46:42 AM
Paint it yourself and buy a good scope......IMO
This
my scope cost more than my 535 with a rhino choke

callmakerman

I have used a Tru Glo red dot on my 835 ulti mag for 10 years now and love it.

Bowguy

bbcoach

Check out the Bushnell Trophy Red Dot   http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bushnell-1x28-Trophy-6-MOA-Red-Dot-Sight-28mm-Exit-Pupil-RealTree-AP-/331509963891?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d2f889c73  I've had one of these on my 835, for the last 7 to 8 years, with no issues.  I only shoot 3 1/2's and have traveled to Kansas, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Florida with no zero issues.  Great scope in my opinion.  Good luck with your decision.

dutch@fx4

I would get a red dot if I had to go cheap ,,I spent way more on the scope then the shotgun cost ,,I got a luppy vxr 3 to 9 by 40 on my mossy 500 turkey gun it cost 200$ more then the gun cost ,,Dutch

PALongspur

If you can find one of the older (mid 90s) Simmons Pro Diamond turkey scopes you'll be in good shape. Lightweight, tough as nails and compact! Still my favorite shotgun scope!

kyturkeyhunter4

I got one of the older simmons with the pro daimond reticle on my mossberg I love it. I've had it on mine for years and had no problems with it. I found mine on ebay I think I got it for $75 bucks, there great scopes.

stinkpickle

I'm not sure I could trust a $100 scope on an 835.  I'm not saying they don't exist...just saying I wouldn't trust them.

wytrat785

I've been really happy with my Bushnell this year. I originally tried out a TruGlo Gobble Dot but one shot with the 3 1/2" Longbeard #5s and it was toast. Returned it and was credited for it and bought the Bushnell Trophy XLT. http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Circle-X-Reticle-Shotgun-1-75-4x/dp/B00358P1SA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8. It's held up well this year and has withstood several 3 1/2" rounds. It also comes with Butler Creek flip-up scope covers. Kinda a nice added bonus.

Roost 1

oldturk

ditto on simmons pro diamond,have had mine 15 yrs.plus also shoot 3 and half in. no problem and very clear optics.

Greg Massey

Simmons pro diam :popcorn:ond ...good scope...for under 100 dollars..the best scope if you can find one is the nikon turkey pro ..I have 2 of these and they are the best...it will cost you 150 plus for these scopes.

trkehunr93

Simmons pro diamond, clear optics and so far has handled the 3.5" shells well.  Well under $100 also.