turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sneed calls came today

Started by Gobbleandgrunt, June 27, 2015, 04:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobbleandgrunt

Got my sneed calls today. Rectangular slate, hot hen out law, hot hen, and jrs call lil Jenny!! The outlaw is a spare in case I become clumsy!!!

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Gobbleandgrunt

I'm struggling with the rectangular call. It's all in the operator. I can here the turkey built into it, but I've never ran a slate and peg  any help west Augusta?

West Augusta

I haven't seen that particular model but usually rectangular calls are more for soft calling and early morning tree talk.  Don't try to blast with it
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Gobbleandgrunt

Yeah, I'm trying to figure the hold. It's 2 inches wide, 4 long maybe. Hollow.

lonnie sneed jr.

Try holding it with your thumb on one side of it, your pointer finger around the end and the rest of your fingers making a cup under it, leaving the  end toward your body open. Very light down force on the peg, making a short egg shape on the slate. Once you master this call you will love it in late season. Around here I like it anytime. Good luck and hope you like your calls. 

Gobbleandgrunt

Thanks!! Operator error. Love that Jenny call!

mgm1955

jmart241

Can you post a pic of jrs call thanks