OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

West Augusta strikers

Started by Gobbleandgrunt, June 26, 2015, 03:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobbleandgrunt

I just recieved my west Augusta striker. All I can say is wow. Love that thing. Got the black locust it is awesome. Just what I wanted and more!!!! Thank west Augusta.  :z-guntootsmiley:

eorlando

Good deal. He makes some fine strikers. I have two dymondwood ones and a snakewood one. They are all sweet.

mote1977

Just ordered my first one from him yesterday. It's a black locust also. Can't wait to get it.

West Augusta

Glad it made it there safely and that it meets your approval.
Thanks Mike and good luck with it next spring.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Hankyorke

Yessir! His black locust is outstanding, but I love all of his strikers.

Bennett

I got 5 from Steve about two weeks into the season this spring. They were all I carried from that point on. I ordered another round from him after the season and realized I had lost the heart pine, which is my favorite of them all. Talked to him the other day and ordered another one and a Dymonwood also. Can't wait to get this next batch. I had the opportunity to meet Steve at Nashville this year and see him work on some strikers. As anybody who had met him knows, he is a super nice guy and spends a lot of time getting em right. If you don't have one, or more, you should.

Gobbleandgrunt

I defiantly know ill order more. The heart pine interested me!! Tell me about that one Bennett.

West Augusta

The Heart Pine has some historical significance.  I was fortunate to get part of a floor board from the restoration project.  Don't have much left.  Here is where it came from.

http://www.hollywoodplantation.com/history.html
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Gobbleandgrunt

What's the sound like on it? Best for slates?

Bennett

I used it with everything. This year I carried several different pots. I probably used it most on my Roger Parks split glass, my Sadler McGraw hybrid crystal, and my Doug Morgan slate. Don't get me wrong they are all great.  I just seemed to reach for the pine the most. As many as I have coming o may have a new favorite next spring!

SteelerFan

KentuckyHeadhunter

We still find lots of reclaimed heart pine down here in GA.  I wish I hadn't thrown so much away years ago.  I made a pot call with it once but my choice of surface killed it.  Now I want one of these dang strikers from West Augusta!  I have heard nothing but great things.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Roughneck

Would get a hickory an tulipwood also from him .

Big Guy

Got an oak and black locust from him last year and both are great, think I'll end up with a new one every year.  Great guy to deal with too!

silverspur

I have #400 in black locust and it's a great striker. I agree with everyone, Steve is as nice as they come and easy to deal with and talk too. He makes some of the best strikers out there, I remember when he did them all by hand.
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs