turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Supreme court vote

Started by Greg Massey, June 26, 2015, 02:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

Ok, let me get this straight (no pun intended).

I can't take my Wife or Grand kid's to a store and buy a Confederate Flag license plate for the front of my hunting truck or any Dukes Of Hazard toy's with a Confederate Flag on it.  I can't even fly a Confederate flag at a NASCAR race.  But I could go and have Willy removed, change my name from Ronnie to Rhonda and become a role model and stand a chance of getting my own "reality" show.  And a man can marry another man, or a woman can marry another woman, and they can go adopt a baby!    And some people consider this progress?
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

strutstopper

Quote from: misfire on June 27, 2015, 06:40:32 AM
The Supreme Court overstepped its authority. And whatever happened to Democracy? This is something that should be on a voting ballot to be decided by the American public

This! And it was voted on in many states not long ago, and most states voted to not allow it! The thought of where our country is headed and the thought of how corrupt our government is makes me sick, almost as sick as the thought of a gay couple...

GobbleNut

As the song goes,..."The times, they are a'changin'" ladies and gentlemen.  We can either accept that and adapt,...or we can grit our teeth, stick our heads in the sand, and suck it up until we choke on our old attitudes. 

When I was young,...which was quite some time ago,...I used to drive around with my guns hanging in the gun rack of my pick-up.  As I got older, I began to think,...."hmmm, those guns might be giving people the wrong idea of what I stand for". 

Well, I still have my guns, and still do everything I used to do with them,...I just don't have them hanging on a rack where other people will see them and get the wrong idea about who I am because of them. 

What I want others to know about me is that I am a responsible hunter, gun owner, and a responsible participant in our society in general,...and when I get the opportunity, I show them that that is who I am and what I stand for.  But I do it without using symbols that, before I even say one word to them, makes them think that I stand for something that I do not.  I will not ever again run around with my guns in a rack in my truck.  Not because I no longer support gun ownership, but because I do not want the general public to jump to conclusions. 

The moral of this story, for those of you that are still here following it, is that we, as hunters and gun owners, need to choose wisely what symbols and ideas we cling to as the world changes around us.  To do otherwise only hurts ourselves in the long run.

End of sermon (for the moment)

guesswho

Quote from: GobbleNut on June 29, 2015, 10:17:04 AM
When I was young,...which was quite some time ago,...I used to drive around with my guns hanging in the gun rack of my pick-up.  As I got older, I began to think,...."hmmm, those guns might be giving people the wrong idea of what I stand for". 

Well, I still have my guns, and still do everything I used to do with them,...I just don't have them hanging on a rack where other people will see them and get the wrong idea about who I am because of them.
You've convinced me.   I like Women, but to avoid projecting that image I'm going to buy me a poodle and some bright colored spandex and start wearing lipstick.  Oh, and I'm trading the Tundra in for a mini cooper!  Going to put you on my mailing list too!  I know you want pictures.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

GobbleNut

Quote from: guesswho on June 29, 2015, 10:57:43 AM
Quote from: GobbleNut on June 29, 2015, 10:17:04 AM

You've convinced me.   I like Women, but to avoid projecting that image I'm going to buy me a poodle and some bright colored spandex and start wearing lipstick.  Oh, and I'm trading the Tundra in for a mini cooper!  Going to put you on my mailing list too!  I know you want pictures.

:TooFunny:

Wonders never cease.  The times they really are a'changin!  ....And as for those pictures, please hurry them along,...can't wait to see them.  As a matter of fact, you show me yours and I'll show you mine. .....Uhhh, that's another thing I used to say to the women when I was younger.  I've given up on that, too... :toothy12:

stinkpickle

I haven't been watching the news.  Did something happen?

Gooserbat

Just in case you care you can go to Walmart and buy a cake to look like an IDIS flag but not a Confederate Flag.

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

crow

Quote from: stinkpickle on June 29, 2015, 11:52:02 AM
I haven't been watching the news.  Did something happen?

They found Elvis,--- I don't have the whole story either but I think he had a sex change and is .driving the Dukes of Hazard car (repainted Pink) in the next Nascar race

guesswho

Quote from: Gooserbat on June 29, 2015, 12:52:51 PM
Just in case you care you can go to Walmart and buy a cake to look like an IDIS flag but not a Confederate Flag.
I saw that.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

guesswho

Quote from: crow on June 29, 2015, 01:31:12 PM
They found Elvis,--- I don't have the whole story either but I think he had a sex change and is .driving the Dukes of Hazard car (repainted Pink) in the next Nascar race
Yep, and sponsored by Froot Loops and Lucky Charms.    Oh, and it's an electric car :icon_thumright:
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Gooserbat on June 29, 2015, 12:52:51 PM
you saw that garbage too huh.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Greybeard11

It is a sad time for our country for sure. It seems that I'm supposed to be ashamed of being a straight white male, who carries a gun, believes in God, kills things to eat, stands with my hand over my heart for the national anthem, supports our troops, and believes everyone should earn what they get. Well I am not ashamed of who I am or what I believe and I refuse to hide it or apologize for it. I have always and will continue to speak my voice at the ballot box and hope that someday things will return to the way our fore fathers intended them to be.

Rant over....
"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway."  -John Wayne

outdoors

:popcorn:
WOW THIS IS GETTING GOOD
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Buzzkiller

I guess the next thing will be a person can marry a dog

BowBendr

Quote from: Buzzkiller on June 29, 2015, 10:32:23 PM
I guess the next thing will be a person can marry a dog

Legally, you can now. The case heard before the court was not to legalize gay marriage. It re-defined marriage, so you can marry whatever you want to. I myself prefer Dodge Dakotas...

2015 Old Gobbler contest champions