OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

David hollan turkey calls

Started by Gobbleandgrunt, June 25, 2015, 08:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverspur

The call (The Crystal Mistriss) is great but like so many have stated the communication and customer service was poor. I emailed, left messages and it took six weeks after I sent money to him.  I thought I would deal direct with him but now I would probably go through mid west turkey call supply if I wanted another call from him. I met him in Nashville and seems like a very nice guy. But letting your customers know what is holding up your call that is suppose to be ready and ship immediately is key for return business.
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Terry

I have communicated with him several times by email. He always responds, but it does usually take a few days. I love his calls though and am willing to deal with some slow communication.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mgm1955

I've ordered several times from his website and never had a problem.

halloran

I was recently alerted to these posts by a very good customer of mine. I don't frequent forums as to be very honest I simply don't have the time. I wish I could as I know a lot of good guys that are on this one and several others. I don't approve of the one sided bashing that often takes place, not only on this thread but several others about a lot of good people. While this maybe your hobby this is my lively hood. I also own a very successful construction company so I understand being a business owner on many levels.

The average wait time on any of my calls is 2-3 weeks as it clearly states on the website. There will always be a few exceptions to the rule. I apologize to those of you that I was not able to personally speak with on the phone but I don't have a customer service department, when you call or email you get me. I do this to maintain a high quality product no matter when you place your order. Email is always the best way to communicate with me to ensure I don't miss-place your requests.

During the spring I try to maintain a large inventory of calls so that I can ship them out to people on short notice. I do everything possible to get calls out to folks on tight deadlines in time for hunts and spring trips. After all this is about killing turkeys and spending time in the great outdoors. This time of year calls are made to order, these are all truly made by me start to finish no exceptions.

For those of you who have had my back on these threads I truly appreciate it. I really do enjoy getting to speak with and meet many of you. For those of you who still have a question please email me at dhtc.orders@yahoo.com
   -David Halloran

Team Bucky

David is my friend and lives 3 miles away. I hardly ever see him because he works so hard keeping up with his business. There are no employees just family and a few friends that help on occasion. We take a hunting trip every spring and I see more of him that week than the rest of the summer. I was at his house and watched him package 20 calls in his kitchen in April to ship out... it took an hour or more. He played every one for several minutes before matching the striker to the call he was shipping out. I told him he was nuts to take that much time to ship out calls. His response was "It's my name on the call. I want to make sure it's a quality sounding call." He doesn't sell in Walmarts or Bass Pro. These are all custom, high quality calls that win contests and kill turkeys. The demand seems to be growing not slowing. If you need instant gratification try elsewhere, and if you need one for a birthday or father's day he busts his butt to meet those times. If you think David Halloran Turkey Calls is a corporate operation you are wrong. It's a hunter who makes calls trying to give everyone a consistently high quality realistic sounding call.
Kevin "Bucky" Burleson

Fieldturkey

David, way to take the high road! I'll be giving you some business this spring.

jed clampett

I have a crystal mistres and it is an excellent call and I hope to have more I have waited a year for some pot calls and I would wait that long for Davids calls if I had to...so his waiting times for his calls are what I would consider excellent

BABS9

I've never had a problem with responses or orders.  Making a top quality call like David's calls takes time and patience. All of these calls I can promise you are worth the wait which in reality isn't much of a wait compared to some call makers.  I  will continue to order Hallorans calls as he is one of my favorite call makers.

rosharb

Mine came yesterday, Crystal Mistress . I am not that good with a pot call yet but this sure seems to be easy to use and sure sounds great. It also came within the two to three week timeframe that is stated in his website. I am another happy customer.

dejake

I ordered a CM, and it took six weeks to receive.  When I emailed for status updates, he always replied (usually that Friday).  It was worth the wait.

greentag

i like david's calls,everyone talks about the mistress but one i really like is his double glass.it plays so easy and sounds great.i also got one of his boxes,that one i had to wait a little for,but it was worth it.his boxes play really good too,no sweet spot just close the paddle,sounds great.

sbe2shooter

I ordered the Metal Mouth pot on October 30th. I am aware of the 1 month time period it takes to produce it. its now Dec 18th. Sent two emails to both addresses with no response. Love his calls, killed several with them. Hopefully I will hear something soon.

Scott Hock

I have a box and slate ordered from David. Ordered on sept 21. Got tracking info tonight. That is a 3 month turn around which is not bad to wait for such a good product. Working on getting all his pot calls and almost there. His calls are great and worth the wait, but I knew that going in. I agree that a response should be givin, but you will get a great product. I ordered and forgot about them and now here they come.

TauntoHawk

You gotta expect wait time from top call makers, I've had to wait over a year for calls. David makes a great call, balance strikers, and quality mouth calls.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tom Dooley

Everyone knows about David's pot calls but I don't think David gets enough recognition for his mouth calls. Me and my 16 year old son both tagged out last year using his She Devil mouth call. I am very hard to please when It comes to mouth calls and probably average about 1 in 20 that I am satisfied with. I really like the She Devil.