OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

David hollan turkey calls

Started by Gobbleandgrunt, June 25, 2015, 08:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobbleandgrunt

T

Jbird22

Never ordered from him but if I were you I'd call him. Since your money has come out you're certainly entitled to know the status of your order.

KYFrid

There is a post in the turkey calls forum about a bunch of people having the same trouble. I was gonna order a crystal mistress but now im not so sure. May just try and snatch one from the classifieds.

Gobbleandgrunt

I

mote1977

I was planning on ordering a Crystal Mistress also but after reading some of the posts about lack of communication I changed my mind. I went with a poplar/ glass call from Brad Roberts. I ordered the call from his website but never got a receipt from PayPal so I messaged him on Facebook and had a response within 5 minutes. He said he received my order and thanked me for my business. I'm hoping his calls are as good as I've heard they are. He seems like a good guy to deal with.

Gobbleandgrunt

I

WV Ridge Reaper

As said before..someone else posted about this last week.

I've had the same problem with strikers..called him over a month ago and left a message for a box call..I still have yet to get called back.

I'll spend my money else where...If you can't at least call a guy back that is wanting to spend money with you then you don't need my money.

Further more I got the cold shoulder at the convention...He walked away from me after laying his new strikers down in front of me..Finally after 10 mins his dad came and took my money..I regret buying anything from him,I have thought about selling all my Halloran stuff..Cause trust me Schaffer,Houndstooth,Mcgraw,Del Crow all make killer calls that I'm proud to carry...Plus when I call,they answer or at least call me back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobbleandgrunt

i

Roughneck

Sent a message back in March about placing a order on strikers never herd nothing back. I know his stuff is good from everyone I've talked to but I'll stick with the guys who get back in a timely manner with you on a order just my two since.

larry9988

I called and talked to David personally about a month ago about ordering a crystal mistress. I told him I was looking for a call that was good enough for friction competitions. He said he would play several calls and pick one out for me. I got the call about a week later and it's a screamer. David did me right. Maybe you should call him and talk to him on the phone. It worked for me. That CM is one fine pot call.

Bowguy

Quote from: larry9988 on June 27, 2015, 11:21:04 AM
I called and talked to David personally about a month ago about ordering a crystal mistress. I told him I was looking for a call that was good enough for friction competitions. He said he would play several calls and pick one out for me. I got the call about a week later and it's a screamer. David did me right. Maybe you should call him and talk to him on the phone. It worked for me. That CM is one fine pot call.
The Crystal Mistress is a great call. Lots of great makers on here to choose from n I'm not recommending or denying anyone's business. David has never not gotten back to me though it has been slow. Perhaps the demand is so high it's hard for him to keep up?
I don't know. I do know his calls are good but as a one time small business owner I understand the importance of keeping your customer base.
Has anyone with a complaint actually expressed to him the problems? It may be better than bsshing him on here. Just my opinion n I don't personally know him

Gobbleandgrunt

I

Bowguy

Quote from: Gobbleandgrunt on June 27, 2015, 10:10:00 PM
I wasn't bashing him bow guy,  I was concerned over my order. I did commit on the responce I got from him. I just am a stickler for communication. Brad Roberts, I'm sure he is busy. I got a responce. Regardless I f hey guys I'm busy, or just im over whelmed. Either way I want to seem like my dollar matters. I am patient. I just need to know he knows I'm there. That's all.
[/quote
I understand bud, totally. I've been on both ends in my own business and as a customer.  I'd bet you do matter that's why I asked if anyone addressed it w him?

Gobbleandgrunt

i

chuckward

He was very helpful at the convention and has always responded fairly quickly on emails. Someone posted a while back that he has to go to town to get reception. Chuck