News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Show us your slayers!

Started by chatterbox, February 06, 2011, 03:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncturkey

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

gobblewobble72

My Franchi I-12, IC 665 choke with Nikon 1.5-4.5x20 Monarch Shotgun Scope TurkeyPro Reticle Camo

hoyt

I've been hunting with this Old Virginia 20ga. flintlock I built about 10yrs ago.

It had an open cylinder barrel and was limited to about 25yds. Since I only hunted public land it was hard to consistently call birds in under 25yds. Seemed like they wanted to hang up just a hair over 30yds. So after I killed a few with the Old Virginia I decided to build a Spring Gobbler Special. Had Colerain barrel company make me a 20ga. octagon to round barrel with their turkey choke in it. Goes from .62cal. (20ga.) to .58cal. right at the end of the barrel. I wanted to build a lightweight gun for my style of spring gobbler hunting so had them cut the barrel off to 34". Most traditional flintlock shotguns are 42" to 44" long. Anyway I finally got the gun finished and will hunt with it this yr in Illinois. My rear sight fell off while squirrel hunting and had to duct tape it on.. it's soldered now. This pattern is about 35yds. Colerain says this choke will kill them out to 50yds. I won't ever test it past 40.

surehuntsalot

my 835 with a .676 Stardot choke

my 870 20ga youth model with a .575 Carlson choke

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

antiwheeze

natman

Mossberg 500 12 ga 3", 20" barrel, fiber optic open sights, shown with factory X-factor choke, now with a Star Dot.

redleg06

bowhunter32

......my mossy 935 w/holosight...wifes remmy 870 youth w/ reddot :you_rock:

knightrider

bunch of good looking head busters :fud:

ncturkey

I love them Flintlock turkey guns.
Quote from: hoyt on February 07, 2011, 08:37:47 PM
I've been hunting with this Old Virginia 20ga. flintlock I built about 10yrs ago.

It had an open cylinder barrel and was limited to about 25yds. Since I only hunted public land it was hard to consistently call birds in under 25yds. Seemed like they wanted to hang up just a hair over 30yds. So after I killed a few with the Old Virginia I decided to build a Spring Gobbler Special. Had Colerain barrel company make me a 20ga. octagon to round barrel with their turkey choke in it. Goes from .62cal. (20ga.) to .58cal. right at the end of the barrel. I wanted to build a lightweight gun for my style of spring gobbler hunting so had them cut the barrel off to 34". Most traditional flintlock shotguns are 42" to 44" long. Anyway I finally got the gun finished and will hunt with it this yr in Illinois. My rear sight fell off while squirrel hunting and had to duct tape it on.. it's soldered now. This pattern is about 35yds. Colerain says this choke will kill them out to 50yds. I won't ever test it past 40.

mcgruff1533

Here's my Mossberg 535 Tactical Turkey, 20" barrel with an ATI adjustable stock.    The sight is a Tru Glo red/green dot model.

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

TalksToTurkeys

NEF Pardner SB-2 MAD 10 Ga.
JellyHead .695
Leupold 2X Pistol Scope