OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

shot today in 45 degree weather?

Started by strut and spurs, March 27, 2011, 07:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strut and spurs

The pattern was nice and even with the win extended in 3.5 6 but the numbers were pretty low.I was only averaging around 100 in a 10" circle at 40 yards with a jellyhead .660 but had about 35 in the head and neck so thats plenty.how much do you think it would pick up at around 70 degree weather?it was nice that the impact wasn't off from the hevi 13 to the win extended so i can shoot either.

sugarray

If you ever hunt when it is 40 degrees, then don't worry about 70 degrees, they will improve.  You have plenty to kill turkeys every time at 40 yds.

strut and spurs

Quote from: sugarray on March 27, 2011, 07:28:56 PM
If you ever hunt when it is 40 degrees, then don't worry about 70 degrees, they will improve.  You have plenty to kill turkeys every time at 40 yds.

thats kind of what i was thinking.Its usually around that temp opening morning so i wanted to see what kind of pattern it would throw.It looked like more than what it was.

sugarray

I like to do all my patterning at 40 degrees.  It is 40 or less the first week of our season, mornings anyway.  This way you will know the least your gun will do.