OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I am hooked

Started by SumToy, March 27, 2011, 06:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SumToy

well I have had the guys around the shop all the time that ask me about going turkey hunting.  This was the 1st year I killed ducks and yesterday was the 1st time I was in the woods to kill a turkey.   I know it sounds odd that with what I do that I had never gone.   Now I see what it is about.  Did not have much going on around this weekend.  Folks all say it was slow but I did get to hear them and see them.  So look out I will be looking for a day off now. lol :z-guntootsmiley:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

jonhaga

LOL there's nothing like it that's for sure. Good Luck

drum817

It's the most addictive sport I've EVER been involved in  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

jakesdad

Quote from: drum817 on March 27, 2011, 06:21:37 PM
X2

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

redleg06

Glad to hear you had a good time!!!

chatterbox

Gold Spur

If you ever take a gobbler you're hooked for life! Best of luck to ya.... :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

R AJ

Ben Rogers Lee says that turkey hunting is a disease.
If they ever find a cure for it I hope the wife is slow to hear about it.

doepee

I was always hooked into bow hunting, I have taken some awful nice ones..then years ago a friend of mine got me to go turkey hunting and then after I shot my first one had him a struttin and gobblin in front of me, wow there is nothing like it. Still look forward to bowhuntin but now spring is one of my favorite times of the year..I got the turkey hunting and the call buying disease real real bad :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

BigPeck215

i love chasin turkeys just because the turkey woods arent as crowded as the deer woods are and it takes skill to kill a turkey and i've seen way to many people who have no business deer hunting or even handling a gun period running around the deer woods and you usually dont get those people chasing turkeys 

hookedspur

:agreed: :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Franchi I-12

There's nothing like being in the woods at first light when everything starts to wake up !!! And It's really fun when your set-up about 75yds from a Thunder Chicken !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you kill a big one for your first bird !! :anim_25:

shootumindaface

Dont think so William.. We have a long list of things for you to do... First, figure out the HW in the 12 gauge in all guns.. Than figure out how to get the xtended range 1 3/4 to consistently put up numbers with H 13 2oz 6s so folks can get a consistent shell.. Third, figure out how to shorten the shot string without flyers.

See their is no time for you to be in the woods..

J/K welcome to the addiction

trkehunr93

Quote from: RAJ on March 27, 2011, 09:36:57 PM
Ben Rogers Lee says that turkey hunting is a disease.
If they ever find a cure for it I hope the wife is slow to hear about it.

:agreed:

bowhunter84

:agreed: