turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Franchi Affinity, Weatherby SA 08, Stoeger 3000

Started by gatrkyhntr70, June 06, 2015, 11:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrkyhntr70

Im considering one of these shotguns. It will be a 26" bbl.model.  Cons for for each of them. Affinity:cost.otherwise its a fine handling gun. Weatherby is priced right, lightweight read many great reviews. Con is the invector choke system isn't my favorite. The Stoeger is a great gun to but its the heaviest and has the longest overall weight of the 3.
Any opinions are welcome.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

357MAGNOLE

I like my Stoeger M3000 so far. I cant really give it my fullest endorsement yet but I do think it will be a winner in the long run.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

howl

$100 rebate on A300s right now. Safety doesn't snap and there's no ping when you fire it. Just sayin'.

jepcho

I've never shot any of these models, so take this for what it's worth.  But I checked out and held the stoeger and the franchi in my local gun shop.  I was really thinking about getting the stoeger, and just wanted to compare.  I liked the looks of the franchi and the way it felt in my hand a lot better than the stoeger.  It really shouldered great and I thought had a better feel overall.  Like I said, not much of an actually review of either gun but the franchi won my, which one feels best when I first grab it, test.

357MAGNOLE

I can say my M3000 doesnt cycle 2 3/4 loads worth a crap. Cycles the 3" loads great, but manual also says it needs a break in before running the lighter loads. Also I am having slight POA/POI issues but I dont think it is the gun itself. Could be, but I am thinking its ammo/choke/sight related before gun related.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

Longshanks

I'm looking at the Franchi Intensity. Gun has a nice feel. 3.5" gun in Bottomland Camo. Seems about like buying a Benelli and saving $700-$800 dollars. Multi purpose gun that I would imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to work up a decent turkey pattern. Mobile Choke system I believe.

dejake

This was my first season with the Affinity.  Absolutely love it.  Two of my shots were left-handed, off-handed.  It's so light, I was able to hold steady in an uncomfortable position.  For me, it's a keeper.

longislandloco

Franchi.............JMHO, I hope to add a 20GA this year.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

drum817

I bought a SA-08 waterfowl edition two years ago....I love it.  Handles kinda like a Beretta (IMO).  I've had ZERO failures to feed with light loads (wal-mart loads) or heavy loads.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

aaron

I have been intensely researching for a nice 20 gauge semi auto....I looked at 11-87, weatherby, and the franchi affinity.   The affinity wins.  It points like a benelli, and is priced right.  excited to have a 20 gauge turkey gun