OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Metal Mouth

Started by Buzzkiller, June 04, 2015, 05:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzkiller

I would like hear what you think of the David Halloran
Metal Mouth. I am thinking about trying one.

Spring Creek Calls

The Metal Mouth is a great sounding call as are most all Halloran pot calls. I've killed birds using it and the Twisted Sister. Played Side by side, I don't notice much difference in the two calls. My opinion, get the Twisted Sister or Crystal Mistress and invest the money you saved in a couple of his one piece strikers. Purpleheart and yellowheart are my two favorites. Again, my opinion and I'm sure you'll get some responses that disagree.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

kyturkeyhunter4

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on June 04, 2015, 05:34:13 PM
The Metal Mouth is a great sounding call as are most all Halloran pot calls. I've killed birds using it and the Twisted Sister. Played Side by side, I don't notice much difference in the two calls. My opinion, get the Twisted Sister or Crystal Mistress and invest the money you saved in a couple of his one piece strikers. Purpleheart and yellowheart are my two favorites. Again, my opinion and I'm sure you'll get some responses that disagree.
:agreed:

ZachH28

I love my Metal Mouth. I do not own a Crystal Mistress but I have ran one. To me the Metal Mouth has more of a thump on the back end of the yelp. Both are by all means phenomenal calls and you should be satisfied with either one. David's double glass is a killer too!!

Zach

mgm1955

Got them both and both are super calls!!

Onpoint

Quote from: Buzzkiller on June 04, 2015, 05:23:51 PM
If you would like a twisted sister I will sell you one for $50. Great call, it probably called in close over 10 in 2014 and I didn't get it until the middle of April

Onpoint

Quote from: Onpoint on June 10, 2015, 11:44:48 PM
If you would like a twisted sister I will sell you one for $50. Great call, it probably called in close over 10 in 2014 and I didn't get it until the middle of April
I lied. I traded that one. got this one after in June last year after I realized I made a stupid trade

Buzzkiller

Quote from: Onpoint on June 10, 2015, 11:44:48 PM
If you would like a twisted sister I will sell you one for $50. Great call, it probably called in close o
over 10 in 2014 and I didn't get it until the middle of April

I just ordered one 2 days ago.