turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Only one pot call

Started by Mossberg835, June 03, 2015, 09:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbird22

If I had to choose just one (glad I don't..lol) right now it would be my Lonnie Mabry Walnut/Aluminum with Jay Ritchie Walnut top/Purpleheart dowel striker. From soft to loud it will do it all.

TauntoHawk

it would probably be my mad hen gen 1 but I broke my first one and haven't dialed in the surface the way I like on my replacement yet but thats the pot I have the most confidence in.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bowguy

Atomic 13, only used it this spring but it was deadly. Every bird that answered except one came right to me and there was a lot. The bird that didn't was with hens., got em fired up but they had other plans n were off property

slwayne

Halloran Crystal Mistress with his dymondwood striker.  Every bird I have called to the gun for the last 5 years has come to that call.  I have a lot of other calls that I like alot and I usually will have one or two of them with me but I NEVER enter the woods without the CM and when push comes to shove that is the call that I always have in my hand to seal the deal.

grayfox

Have to be one of my double sided calls probably the Robert Brothers Wormy Chestnut glass/slate.

SCtrkyhntr

I have tons and tons of pot calls but this one seems to get the job done no matter where I carry it.  If I am only allowed one, this is the one...

KentuckyHeadhunter

My Roberts Brothers pro hunter definitely.  I would have to vote for my John Sinclair titanium second.  I have fallen in love with it. But the Roberts Bros pot is double sided and therefore more versatile.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Terry

Quote from: davisd9 on June 04, 2015, 08:39:20 AM
David Loftis Crystal Screamer

Sent from the Strut Zone
Do they play as well as it's supposed to when soaking wet??

davisd9

Quote from: Terry on June 05, 2015, 03:26:54 PM

Sent from the Strut Zone

Never played it wet but I imagine so with the carbon striker. 

I can PM or text you a sound file of it. PM will be a little while.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

870camomagnum

My Cody Drop Dead Series Slate call it has great sound & I can depend on the slate for real hen sounds, but then I trust my Herb Hornstra yelper also!

Onpoint

Quote from: Terry on June 05, 2015, 03:26:54 PM

Sent from the Strut Zone
No. I have the carbon striker and have soaked the surface and it does not grab very well..

However it does sound amazing when it's dry out.

Onpoint

Quote from: Mossberg835 on June 03, 2015, 09:03:40 PM
If you could only carry one pot call to the woods what type and maker would it be?  I realize the answers will vary just curious what people liked.
Brad Roberts poplar glass

palongbeard

The pot call I find in my hands the most is a Shockin All slate by Ralph Zorn Jr.  I love the green glass Outlaw Hen by Lonnie Sneed but when working a bird on public land in Pennsylvania you can't afford to strike a bad note.  I get worked up as much as a gobbler and that Shockin All slate plays so easy it is my go to.  Seems like the slate on the Shockin All is very dark and hard which makes for an exceptionally easy and consistent turkey sound.

MattinIdaho

The call I have most confidence in always sounding great no matter loud or soft is a Tim Sanford anodized aluminum. It's in a plain cherry pot. It just always sounds fantastic!!

thundrchikin

Cane Creeks New Reaper series glass with purple heart striker. DEADLY.