turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Only one pot call

Started by Mossberg835, June 03, 2015, 09:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossberg835

If you could only carry one pot call to the woods what type and maker would it be?  I realize the answers will vary just curious what people liked.

Gobbleandgrunt

Tony Reynolds switchback. Crystal over slate, wenge striker.

FL-Boss

double sided glass/slate from Pappy - carry a few strikers along and it's like have 4 different calls...

outdoors

double sided ceramic/slate from Pappy -
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

ZachH28

David Halloran Metal Mouth with Purple Heart striker

West Augusta

Glen Marrer, glass over glass in Zebrawood with my Black Locust striker.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Terry

David Holloran twisted sister with  a dymondwood striker from Neal on this forum.

Clif Owen

I may change my mind later but right now it's a Lights Out Anodized aluminum in a canarywood pot. Using one of his strikers. That dude will scream! So far, they seem to like it too.

mikejd

Right now it has to be my newly acquired lonnie Mabry sleight over glass.

Onpoint

Quote from: mikejd on June 04, 2015, 12:59:26 AM
Right now it has to be my newly acquired lonnie Mabry sleight over glass.
Good choice

jed clampett

Lon trice zebrawood glass/glass with Lyman yellowheart striker

Footballer

Halloran Crystal Mistress with a dymondwood striker and Schaffer's Atomic 13 being a close second.

davisd9

David Loftis Crystal Screamer

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Britton40

hunter22

Some great choices so far. For me if I am carrying one pot call it will be the one that I have the most confidence in and have killed the most gobblers using. That would be my 3-inch Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen slate running it with one of my hand carved dogwood or persimmon strikers. LOTS of gobblers took a ride in the back of the truck because of this call.